New here & Classic Pass work Video

Ged

Mar 15, 2017
Hi all , loving this site so much !

Anyway I've recently gone back to working with the pasteboards after a 20 year hiatus ! (I'm a musician mainly) and recently got back into the good ol classic Pass (love Jasons video)

here is my video of my pass after a week of practice (sorry I'm no Michael Vincent )

Was wondering if this is any good ? I'm losing my objectivity Haha - (Btw Card Magic is a hobby for me)

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Welcome! That was a spot on classic pass! Everything was pretty good, apart from the sound on the first one. You could maybe pull the deck out a bit more with the pinky,

Ged

Mar 15, 2017
I've been thinking of moving to Bridge sized cards, as I have smaller than average hands (but long fingers) and I cannot move the top packet from the mechanics grip with my pinky and ring finger.

Does anyone else here use bridge cards ?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I've been thinking of moving to Bridge sized cards, as I have smaller than average hands (but long fingers) and I cannot move the top packet from the mechanics grip with my pinky and ring finger.

Does anyone else here use bridge cards ?
I too have smaller than average hands, but I work around using bridge sized cards. For the pass, I find it easier to use my pinky deep in the pack, and pinch it between my ring finger. I then use my middle finger next to my ring finger, and my index finger at the front, right corner. This gives additional support and cover. I apply just a bit of pressure.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I myself do not perform the pass or even use it; however my mentor always has taught me to use body motion (bigger motion to cover the small) Perhaps even extend your arms forward or back towards yourself while talking to the spectator when executing the move.

Jul 13, 2014
The action is fast and hard to see, but that may just be because you're using bees in bad lighting. You should practice with something that has a border in good light to see how good the move actually is.and even if I couldn't see the actual pass, it was obvious you were doing something fishy. There was too much tension and the movement was very stiff and awkward.

Feb 1, 2017
The pass is a pretty ugly control. All the covers for it look weird. I think you can make it good with a lot of practice and attention to detail in all of its parts, but that could take forever. Some people have really good passes, but they've been doing magic for years. Check out Jason England or Alex Pandrea.

I'd suggest focusing your efforts in whole effects, not just sleights. If you want to just be a move monkey though, there are more fun cool looking sleights that are more practical out there.

PS i meant the pass itself is an ugly control. not yours specifically.

Ged

Mar 15, 2017
thanks guys for the replies !

Its been 2 weeks now practicing the Pass and i feel im improving and trying to look more relaxed yes, thanks for all the honest feedback

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results