Magicians wax

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
The stiffer the wax, the easier it comes off. The best bet is to start with a wax that is stiff. If you buy a rolled beeswax candle,
3091-53cf7ed5bd2d0db238331f686505e231.jpg
they can be great for wax. Softer wax is a bit easier to work with at first, but as it warms up it get's messy. So the other thing to try is removing the wax when it's colder. If you need to remove the residue from a card, all you can do is gently rub with a cloth or paper towel on a smooth flat surface.

Attachments

• bwc.jpg
    bwc.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: Levent Suberk

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
What about directly after a trick say the "mark" wants to see to card after
That's where the stiffer wax is better as it will pretty much all come off with your nail. If you use the back of your nail to scrape it off and then rub the spot with your thumb briefly as you hand it out, that should smear any residue to the point that it would not me noticeable to someone who doesn't know what they are looking for. Even if they did see a bit of residue, they have no context for what it would be from.

Reactions: Levent Suberk
Oct 19, 2015
There isn't a specific book on using wax in magic. There are a number of effects in a variety of books that use wax as part of the method. Some of them are listed HERE.

Wow, what a great list of references! I have been exploring this website, but not like this.....Thanks I will spend some time and researching these that can be researched...I need to continue growing my library...

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Wow, what a great list of references! I have been exploring this website, but not like this.....Thanks I will spend some time and researching these that can be researched

The Hoffman books are available on Amazon - Modern Magic for $18, More Magic for $16 and Tricks With Cards running around $23. The Art of Magic is around $17. Hugard's Coin Magic and Encyclopedia of Card Tricks are also inexpensive. Encyclopedia of Card Tricks is your best bet. John Northern Hilliard's Greater Magic is out of print. If you get one, you want to get the Kauffman published edition. I think I picked up mine from an estate sale for $150 to $200. Anneman's Full Deck Impromptu and Bobo's Modern Coin magic are also relatively inexpensive.

I need to continue growing my library...

I'm was thinking the same thing.

Reactions: Timewise64
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results