MAGIC REVIEW: "Cohesive" by Kevin Li

Oct 12, 2016
Utah
Is it possible to do those different effects back to back? I assume you'd have to switch out the pack in order to go from the gum production to multiplying the packs of gum, for example. Does the DVD instruction teach a practical way to do this, or would I have to come up with that on my own?

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Is it possible to do those different effects back to back? I assume you'd have to switch out the pack in order to go from the gum production to multiplying the packs of gum, for example. Does the DVD instruction teach a practical way to do this, or would I have to come up with that on my own?

The full performance of the effect from start to finish with no interruptions looks like this:

-Pull out an empty pack of gum
-Produce the gum inside the pack
-split the pack 2 times (ending with 3 packs)

The beauty of the effect is that it all feels so impossible and with the right motivation the magic can happen in THEIR hands AND be inspected (to an extent) The other offerings in the DVD basically teach alternate ideas or handling. For example rather than producing the gum you can instead change the color if you want.

Reactions: Lindel
Oct 12, 2016
Utah
That's amazing! The trailer made it look like that might be the case, but I wasn't sure. Alright, I'm sold, buying and downloading now.

Oct 12, 2016
Utah
It doesn't seem possible to combine Recycled Gum and Gum 2x/3x as they're taught in Cohesive. I'm still satisfied with the purchase, there's a lot of good stuff in there, and I can definitely see myself using both Recycled Gum and Gum 3x regularly. I still wish there were a way to make those two effects work back to back, but I guess that's wishful thinking.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
It doesn't seem possible to combine Recycled Gum and Gum 2x/3x as they're taught in Cohesive. I'm still satisfied with the purchase, there's a lot of good stuff in there, and I can definitely see myself using both Recycled Gum and Gum 3x regularly. I still wish there were a way to make those two effects work back to back, but I guess that's wishful thinking.

I am glad you found some good uses for them! Perhaps you can try to come up with your own handling to make it happen? Would love to see what you come up with if you decide to pursue that route!

Oct 12, 2016
Utah
Yeah, I've been mulling over some potential handlings. Probably doing the gum production after splitting the packs, though it might be workable either way. In fact, it might be easier to pull off doing the gum production first, and make the splitting even more convincing. We'll see. I've been considering incorporating a version of your Switcheroo gimmick, though I'm not sure how I could justify the necessary movements. Thanks for the review!

Reactions: obrienmagic
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results