Magic competition

Aug 20, 2014
Hi! I am am mentalist and soon I have a competition at a magic convention. I am doing close up and stage. For close up I created special cards that have different weapons, victims, places, killers... I want a spectator to create one murder story using these cards. And in a prediction which is newspaper article there is a description of a murder and it matches the cards they choose. Also they actually made up a true story and at the end the prediction says based on real life events. Do you think its a good idea?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I like the idea. I've been working on an effect with a similar theme for several years. In my routine, the spectator acts like the psychic in solving a years old mystery using items (lockets, scarves, knives, etc.) rather than merely cards. Let me know if you need any help with your effect.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I have watched numerous magic competitions and one thing that stands out is you want to not only demonstrate your skill, but more importantly, your ability to "entertain" the crowd/audience. I do think you have a great idea. Smile, relax and most importantly have fun.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Aug 20, 2014
I like the idea. I've been working on an effect with a similar theme for several years. In my routine, the spectator acts like the psychic in solving a years old mystery using items (lockets, scarves, knives, etc.) rather than merely cards. Let me know if you need any help with your effect.
I would like some help. Where can I contact you?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results