Another Deck Design

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
haha not really...

It needs to be said...

I was over at E and they have like 5 threads on custom decks..
Over here there are at least 3 within the first few pages..

I do commend people for trying to be creative but come on guys, let's get real. People are so wrapped up in custom cards that they're forgetting the most important thing, custom cards will not make you a better performer.

I am so sick of people trying to create the next new card. The fact that you open an image in photoshop and invert the colors doesn't make it an original creation. I'm sure that E has thought of a white version of their ever popular black decks and even black version of their white decks, duh.

No offense to anyone on here but jeez, calm down on the "new card design." If you yourself like the design you "came up with" then by all means go to Bicycle's official website and shell out the money for 10,000 decks. They'll all be yours and will be "rare." I mean honestly, who do you think is going to create these 'custom' decks for you? And even if they ACTUALLY did, you'd get like... what a brick? and then they're stuck with the rest of 9,988 decks.

On another note, starting "custom decks" threads with the words "I think they should..." is ridiculous. You.. one person.. alone.. will NOT change their mind and create a custom deck just because YOU think they should.

Aren't there enough decks already?
"WOW BLACK BIKES!"
"WOW BLACK TALLYS!!"
"WOW A WHITE BIKES"
"WOW A BLACK VERSION OF THE WHITE DECK"
"WOW THICKER BIKES"
"WOW OLD BIKES"
"WOW THICKER BLACK BIKES WITH GRADIENTS!"
"WOW I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THEM!!!"

The Shadows haven't been out a month yet (maybe?) and insatiable urges of novelty ring out and say "They should make a white version".

People are never satisfied.

Anyone else agree with me??

Nov 22, 2007
No, I don't agree with you.

There is nothing wrong with coming up with custom designs if they're organized. It can't hurt anyone.

"On another note, starting "custom decks" threads with the words "I think they should..." is ridiculous. You.. one person.. alone.. will NOT change their mind and create a custom deck just because YOU think they should."

It's a suggestion. just because one person can't change it doesn't mean he shouldn't suggest that it might be a good profit. And if 300 people suggest a new deck, the company might consider it. What makes you think people think they can change stuff? I never read someone say "Hey change this deck make a new one you have to because I want it".

We would be nowhere if companies didn't know what their customers wanted.

Also how come quick reply and edit don't work for me?

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
I have yet to see a custom design from someone in the forums come to fruition. Like I said, no offense to anyone that loves designing but can we at least concentrate on MAGIC? That's what T11 and E is about right? Merely my opinion and I respect yours as well, I do think suggestions are great but like I said, we're here to create magic.. not the next 'cool deck.'

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
haha not really...

It needs to be said...

I was over at E and they have like 5 threads on custom decks..
Over here there are at least 3 within the first few pages..

I do commend people for trying to be creative but come on guys, let's get real. People are so wrapped up in custom cards that they're forgetting the most important thing, custom cards will not make you a better performer.

I am so sick of people trying to create the next new card. The fact that you open an image in photoshop and invert the colors doesn't make it an original creation. I'm sure that E has thought of a white version of their ever popular black decks and even black version of their white decks, duh.

No offense to anyone on here but jeez, calm down on the "new card design." If you yourself like the design you "came up with" then by all means go to Bicycle's official website and shell out the money for 10,000 decks. They'll all be yours and will be "rare." I mean honestly, who do you think is going to create these 'custom' decks for you? And even if they ACTUALLY did, you'd get like... what a brick? and then they're stuck with the rest of 9,988 decks.

On another note, starting "custom decks" threads with the words "I think they should..." is ridiculous. You.. one person.. alone.. will NOT change their mind and create a custom deck just because YOU think they should.

Aren't there enough decks already?
"WOW BLACK BIKES!"
"WOW BLACK TALLYS!!"
"WOW A WHITE BIKES"
"WOW A BLACK VERSION OF THE WHITE DECK"
"WOW THICKER BIKES"
"WOW OLD BIKES"
"WOW THICKER BLACK BIKES WITH GRADIENTS!"
"WOW I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THEM!!!"

The Shadows haven't been out a month yet (maybe?) and insatiable urges of novelty ring out and say "They should make a white version".

People are never satisfied.

Anyone else agree with me??

I totally agree with you on this. There are threads on "My new back design" everyday... Maybe they should consider opening a section for "deck designs" only. Or how about everyone (those who have one) post their designs on one single thread? There's no need to open a new thread for each design...

Honestly, I have nothing against graphic designs or anything related;
I've seen some good designs.

Like I already said in another "back design" thread, I suggest most people to leave the Jerry's-like and Wynn-like patterns alone; again, I'm not saying that everyone copies those patterns; yet, many do.

Sep 7, 2007
Hello Deryn,

You have made a very valid point. Maybe not the best way to bring upon it to the users, but neverless, a valid point. I have noticed many users popping up on tons of websites with "the new best design" and quite frankly they are crap.

Having an organized thread dedicated to a "new card design" would be something Theory11 staff should and needs to consider. It will clean up the forum nicely. I have a thread on my website with this very same concept, however, there are roughly 400 posts in it. My forum and magic shop plan on releasing our own deck, however not for a year or so.

Take ideas, compile them and conserve! Because Deryn is right. Lets get real. How many of you guys can actually afford 10,000 decks? None of us, they are roughly $30,000 for that many. You would also need a massive client list to sell to.

Dunno, great point. Thought I would toss my comment in. Hope it was relevant.

I totally agree with you on this. There are threads on "My new back design" everyday... Maybe they should consider opening a section for "deck designs" only. Or how about everyone (those who have one) post their designs on one single thread? There's no need to open a new thread for each design...

Honestly, I have nothing against graphic designs or anything related;
I've seen some good designs.

Like I already said in another "back design" thread, I suggest most people to leave the Jerry's-like and Wynn-like patterns alone; again, I'm not saying that everyone copies those patterns; yet, many do.

I made that thread it sunk quickly

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results