A thought

Nov 13, 2016
I had 24 hours yesterday to come up with a method to perform do as I do (where the spec. and I put down the same card out of our decks) without using a marked deck or I would be in big trouble....
A few hours later it hit me
-no marked deck needed
-no memorization needed
-no force
Maybe im not the first to come up with this so if this rings any bells or ideas id love to know.
Otherwise id be pretty happy inventing a new trick.
All help appreciated!

Mar 15, 2017
Ummmm...I'm a little...confused about what you are saying, can you specify things a little?

EricR5

Elite Member
Jul 18, 2015
The Do As I Do in Scarne on Card Tricks doesn't use a force, marked deck, or memorization. I know a couple of versions of DAID, and none use those methods, actually.

Reactions: RickEverhart
Nov 13, 2016
Sorry that I didnt specify enough
You give the spec. A deck they spread thru it and take out any card they want .
And the magician does the same.

Nov 13, 2016
Havent seen blind but I guess there is some "move"
And no one ahead
for this there are No moves required ,and the spec. Cleanly places the card (one card)on the table and you never come near it

Nov 13, 2016
In theory but I dont have the time right now
really no moves ,the spectator picks any card he chooses (from a face up spread in his own hands)puts that one face down in clear view and I follow(and put only one card face down in clear view) and the cards match .

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
In theory but I dont have the time right now
really no moves ,the spectator picks any card he chooses (from a face up spread in his own hands)puts that one face down in clear view and I follow(and put only one card face down in clear view) and the cards match .
No moves, no gimmicks, not a marked deck, no stacking, no memorizing? If someone had two decks, you could do this impromptu, or close to impromptu? If so, that might be the greatest DAID trick in the book.

More likely though, I'm assuming there is some sort of falsification (for lack of a better term) to it. If you plan on releasing it on the market, go ahead. In fact, it would go through unless there is an effect already being done the same way, in which case they'll tell you and then you can't release it.

Nov 13, 2016
Thx :)
I think ill go ahead and release it .
Of course ( without saying too much )there is a method and there fore some "falsification"
however the effect is exactly as I described .
Im very happy that an idea of mine actually worked out!;)
Im still working on some extra "subtleties" but ill start working on having it released.

Reactions: Clee26

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I had 24 hours yesterday to come up with a method to perform do as I do

Thx :)
I think ill go ahead and release it.

Wow. I'd definitely buy something that was developed and released within a week. Well, actually, not.

Would highly recommend uploading a performance to get input to see if it's original before you make a full instructional video only to find out it's been done before. Good luck!

http://www.conjuringarchive.com/show.php?cat=1276

Too many young magicians rush to be consultants or developers without putting their time in the trenches performing, and learning the basics. Take a year off the creating stuff thing and start with Tarbel. Go through it cover to cover. There's a lot you'll learn.

Nov 13, 2016
I appreciate you concern but I studied tarbell and loads if other material,I have been in the trenches for a few years now.
The amount of time that I have put into magic is astounding and work tirelessly every day to improve.
Im sorry but I do feel a bit offended and think that you cant judge the amount of blood sweat and tears a person put into something until you actually spoke to them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results