Gender Reveal Ideas

Jun 13, 2013
Well, it's already been a long time since I was last able to visit the threads. To those with whom I have had conversations in the past, I finally graduated from the Nursing Program with my RN. So, hopefully, I'll be able to be present more on the forums here again. Anyways, another bit of news, my wife and I are expecting our third child. In the past, I have developed/modified magic routines to do "expecting" and "gender reveals". Due to the fact that I have just graduated, my brain is fried and my creativity is suffering. However, my wife and I will be finding out the gender of our little unborn bundle this Friday, and I need to crunch some ideas.

The last gender reveal that I did (i.e. the effect), I took a deck of black cards and had someone name a card. I spread the deck face-up and had the family member pull their thought of card out of the deck. Upon flipping it over, the black card was now a red card with the words "It's a Girl" written on the back. I then squared the deck and flipped it over to reveal that the thought-of-card was the only red card in the deck and the rest were still black.

For those who have gotten to know me a little bit here, and for those who don't, I am a bit more than "just a hobbiest magician", and have been so for 20 years. Thus implying that I have a lot of resources (more than I'll probably ever get to in my lifetime. But hey, hopefully one of my kids will inherit my love and passion for magic and will be able to inherit my collection). Anyways, please feel free to advise away, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

Jun 13, 2013
So, here's what I ended up creating. I had everybody decide who was going to secretly pick either boy or girl or "opt out from choosing". Only one person could pick boy and only one person could pick girl. I then had my sister-in-law pick a single card from an all-black-deck (Tiger backs to be precise). I then took the selected card, placed it face up in front of me and then put a Sharpie on the card. I then had the pen move on its own to point to my mom who picked "boy". I then flipped over the selected all-black card to reveal that it had changed to a blue back with the words "Teresa picked boy!"

And unless it's unclear for some reason, as for some reason it has been for many that my wife and I have shown the video to, YES! We're having a boy! That's kinda the point.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results