Remember doing a trick but can't recall the name

Jun 24, 2017
Good afternoon all. I've been racking my brain lately trying to remember a trick that I use to do several years ago but can only remember bits and pieces and was hoping someone knew the name. If I'm not mistaken I saw the trick in one of Brad Christian's videos many many years ago. I tried searching for it so I can buy the dvd again, but the tricks in each video are not documented well so I don't know which video had it.

Anyways, here are the bits that I remember (and it's still a little fuzzy).
  • A participant selects a card
  • It's put back into the middle of the deck and manipulated to the bottom
  • A card is drawn off the top with the excuse, "Well this is obviously not your card" and is put on the bottom to cover up the chosen card.
  • You tell them to pick a number between 1 and 10.
  • You put the first card from the bottom down, then you slide back their card that is in the bottom and draw the cards above it until you get to the number they said -- but you show them the cards so that they think they "see" their card being put on the table (this is the part I can't recall)
  • When you get to their number you say, "I bet you the next card is yours." They think that there is no way it can be because they saw what they thought was you putting it on the table.
  • But you have their card in the end.

I remember the majority of the moves but I don't recall how I was able to show them their chosen card, make it look like I set it on the table, but still kept it at the bottom for the final reveal.

Any idea the name of the trick. It's been bugging me for ages!!

Thanks for your help!

Josh Mickelson

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2016
Utah
Just use another glide :)

Also, I think it's based off another trick in Royal Road, called "Designed for Laughter" if my memory is correct.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I think you are combining one of the free Ellusionist effects using a key card (where you deal past their card and then say "how much do you want to bet that the next card I turn over is your card?" and then turn over their card that is already on the table) and Designed for Laughter which is in Royal Road to Card Magic.

Reactions: Josh Mickelson
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results