Dimension

Dec 1, 2012
TX
www.youtube.com
The method is solid, clever, and while it is a variation on things that existed before (namely it's the old 'cap in bottle trick' done with a coin), Duane has taken the plot and made it a really nice close up miracle. This method isn't completely original but it is original in how it is applied, scripted, and the fact that the bottle is NOT gimmicked in any way whatsoever. The lid isn't even gimmicked, it is all borrowed. You do have something hidden in your hand that you load at the beginning and ditch at the end of the routine, so you can't do it surrounded - there are some angle restrictions.

My question is 'why' if you have to make and carry a gimmick - Just get a folding coin and perform the original version of this effect which is still stronger than this one; a coin is placed impossibly into a glass bottle that has no opening large enough to receive it. BAM DONE

In that trick - the bottle is clearly empty at the start, the coin is examinable,THEN - the coin is clearly inside the bottle during the effect, and everything is examinable at the end. A perfect mystery and it doesn't require any of the nonsense necessary to achieve this much weaker version.

IMO

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5363

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Thanks! The problem is, as a 16 year old, I don't exactly run across glass bottles to often. In fact, I don't run across bottles with holes smaller than coins too much (except some soda bottles), as Gatorade and Juice bottles have huge holes.

This one looks more visual to me imo, and I can work with angles (they aren't too big of a problem for me since every magician has always said WORK ON YOUR ANGLES since I started magic, so I practiced them out of fear xD ). so I think I'll buy this one (plus I've been on the hype train since E teased it). Thanks though!

P.S. Are you going to do a video review of it? I'm addicted to your channel :D

Josh Mickelson

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2016
Utah
I got Dimension, hoping as I bought the trick that the method wasn't what I thought it was. But, of course it was :p I honestly won't ever perform it (this goes back to our gimmick discussion from earlier) but it is a hyper-visual effect. You will need to get some things to perform it though...

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I got Dimension, hoping as I bought the trick that the method wasn't what I thought it was. But, of course it was :p I honestly won't ever perform it (this goes back to our gimmick discussion from earlier) but it is a hyper-visual effect. You will need to get some things to perform it though...
So... its not something I can walk around all day with and do later?

Josh Mickelson

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2016
Utah
You could walk around with it all day, you'd just need to keep a couple small things on you. I'm making the trick sound worse than it is, it's just not my style :) It's really cool and ingenious though - it looks great.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Apr 9, 2016
I got a refund for my Dimension purchase. The amount of extra "stuff" one needs to have in order to perform the trick at all, much less with any consistency, is considerable and not nearly as cheap as the download. I felt much of the hype left that out and assumes the purchaser is already a coin guy or performs this type of magic on the reg.

I'm a card guy. I dabble in other magic, but my forte is table work.

I can tell you without giving anything away that, unless you're really into this sort of magic and/or already have some of the "mojo items" required, you will need to spend a minimum of $25, add an additional $20 to that if you want to perform all of the presentations in the download.

I obviously cannot give away what these items are, but suffice it to say none of it can be performed, and I mean none of it, without purchased gimmicks, some of which "coin guys" may already have, making the $9 investment not bad as the method is brilliant and looks great.

Dimension, as another above me said, was just not for me, but if you already have, or youre willing to invest in some items that can be used in plenty of other coin miracles, go for it.

I'd rather spend the requisite amount of money on a brick of Bee's or the new Bike Elites.

Good luck!

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I got a refund for my Dimension purchase. The amount of extra "stuff" one needs to have in order to perform the trick at all, much less with any consistency, is considerable and not nearly as cheap as the download. I felt much of the hype left that out and assumes the purchaser is already a coin guy or performs this type of magic on the reg.

I'm a card guy. I dabble in other magic, but my forte is table work.

I can tell you without giving anything away that, unless you're really into this sort of magic and/or already have some of the "mojo items" required, you will need to spend a minimum of $25, add an additional $20 to that if you want to perform all of the presentations in the download.

I obviously cannot give away what these items are, but suffice it to say none of it can be performed, and I mean none of it, without purchased gimmicks, some of which "coin guys" may already have, making the $9 investment not bad as the method is brilliant and looks great.

Dimension, as another above me said, was just not for me, but if you already have, or youre willing to invest in some items that can be used in plenty of other coin miracles, go for it.

I'd rather spend the requisite amount of money on a brick of Bee's or the new Bike Elites.

Good luck!
Oh I don't do too much coin magic, so I don't have any coin gimmicks. I think I'll stick to some other effects! Thanks!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results