Best Gimmick You Have

Nov 8, 2007
Loops. Mesika's floating ring from his Animated Miracles book floors people. Add in Nate Kranzo's Haunted Deck, DG's Life and Hair, and Mesika's Mystery Glasses and you have a really lethal arsenal.

My second would definitely be the thumb tip. The two main effects I use with it are a bill change (which I also use for a mis-made bill, and a torn and restored bill) and Richard Osterlind's Sweet and Lower (signed torn and restored sugar packet--just awesome).

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
I think it depends on the type of magic your into. I'm into PK, so I would pick Loops, or the M5. Both are great. But I would definitaly give an acception for the gimmick used in Panic.

Sep 1, 2007
Gimmicks

I really like

PK Ring
Loops (if you consider it a gimmick)
Distortion
Electric Touch
Invisible Thread Reel

-Wilson

O wow...favorite gimmick...well, if that includes stage i would say my sub-trunk or my animated card in balloon [where the spectators card visually melts through a clear balloon and hangs by a corner then drops in :D, god i love it]. Ill be building a new illusion here pretty soon, the self creamation [spelling?]. But if this just includes street, id say either one of the following
Electric touch
Swami gimmick [simple yet powerful]
Ultrasmoke 2000
Exploding lightbulb
or my okito voo-doo doll
Im looking into buying the black widow, which is like the raven on crack apparently, so if i get that, it will prob be a new favorite gimmick

Oct 9, 2007
Just read the posts in this thread, only about 2 people, excluding me, mention the thumb tip. Everything else mentioned was "street magic-y." Also a LOT of newbies don't even KNOW what a thumbtip is let alone know it's power. Let's face it, in recent "street magic" history, there hasn't been many TT tricks have there? That's my opinion

Well yea it's probably underestimated in these forums. Probably Ellusionist aswell. And yea beginners might not know what a TT is. And the TT can be used in street magic (if that's what you perform) but not a lot of people do so I can see your point of view.

But you're talking about a very small group here. Mostly people who swear by E and T11 and who, generally, feel the need to "slay" audiences and leave them gasping for air and throw out all the old classics which worked 100 years ago but suddeny stopped working for no apparent reason.

Not pointing this at you, or anyone actually, but hey it's my opinion.

And newbies? Oh yea I forgot we were playing Counterstrike or whatever it is.

Dec 5, 2007
(I know of the thumb tips versatility [side note: I own Kronos] but I just don't like using thumb tips too much sooo...) My favorite gimmick is the Hover card. Seriously so simple yet it just gets jaw dropping reactions every time.

I made the mistake once of performing Hover card and then Ladybug later in the day to the same people yet people still talk about "How he made that card float in the air!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results