Deck Switch?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
You got a time stamp?
That might be T.U.T. which Madison did with another guy. Chris Stanislav, I think was his name?
It probably is since it says T.U.T. in the description. IT also said other stuff, not sure if those are other Madison Moves, things, and tricks, (I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume Green Deal meanes the Green Dealers. No clue bout the rest).

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
They are all names of individual 'moves'. This is kind of a compilation of a few different videos he's made.

The issue is one of those is "Void" which is not something someone can do in a real performance. It revealed it later in a different video.

Apr 26, 2013
Sorry to point out the obvious but why not ask him on his YouTube page what move he did ????? or send him a message on YouTube Nerv

James

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
There are a ton of deck switches that can take advantage of sitting at a table. Sleight of hand and a bit of misdirection. Or if you prefer something self working you can check out gimmicked switches like "The Cooler" or "Cold Case." If you want something that can be done strolling that involves no table at all and uses both a gimmick and a bit of misdirection, you can check out the "Switcheroo Deck Holdout" right here on the T11 marketplace as well. Tins of options.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
There are a ton of good deck switches out there, as Michael stated above.
If you are looking for products and gimmicks, here is a nice list.

Switcheroo Deck Hold out by Michael O'brien - a Utility device that allows you to switch or load anything secretly and comfortably in any scenario. You can buy a $5 make your own version and learn how to use it right here on the Marketplace, or you can buy the full fledged version which will last you much longer for a bit more on his website.

Cold Case by Gregory Wilson & Fracture by Daniel Madison - A gimmick that allows you to almost invisibly switch out a deck under the spectators noses. Same switch & handling - Fracture is a (sort of) diy version by Daniel Madison, Cold Case by Gregory Wilson is a premade, high quality gimmick that will last you "forever", and the DVD for cold case has 3 hours of great knowledge. Btw, DM gave Mr.Wilson his permission (and his blessing) before Greg released it.

Flash Deck Switch (2.0) by Shin Lim - A tabled gimmick that allows you to switch out a deck for another one in the action of putting the box in your pocket. It is almost instant, but requires a lot of practice, and does not work in every single scenario. Comes with a tutorial that

The Cooler by Christian Engblom - One of the older deck switch gimmicks out there. Another (mostly) Tabled Device that allows you to switch a deck in on the off beat. However, some people don't like it because it doesn't look 100% natural.

Of these five, all of them except for Switcheroo utilize a "box" gimmick - that is, a gimmick that looks like (or is made from) a tuck case. Any tuck case (for any deck) can be applied to the gimmicks (except I don't think you can customize Cold Case very much, but you can with fracture. Gregory Wilson might go over how to customize it or make your own Fracture in the DVD, I'm not sure he does though). Michael O'brien's Switcheroo DIY technically uses a tuck case, but the gimmick itself is never seen by the spectators (or even you during the performance) so it doesn't really matter.

Of these five, I highly recommend Switcheroo by Michael O'brien for an invisible gimmick and Cold Case or Fracture for a Gimmick that the spectators actually end up seeing. If you are buying a Deck Switch, I recommend these 3 over the others - though Shin Lim's is still good in a tabled scenario where the spectators aren't super close to you, but not in many other scenarios.

Reactions: FunkyBottoms
Feb 17, 2017
There are a ton of good deck switches out there, as Michael stated above.
If you are looking for products and gimmicks, here is a nice list.

Switcheroo Deck Hold out by Michael O'brien - a Utility device that allows you to switch or load anything secretly and comfortably in any scenario. You can buy a $5 make your own version and learn how to use it right here on the Marketplace, or you can buy the full fledged version which will last you much longer for a bit more on his website.

Cold Case by Gregory Wilson & Fracture by Daniel Madison - A gimmick that allows you to almost invisibly switch out a deck under the spectators noses. Same switch & handling - Fracture is a (sort of) diy version by Daniel Madison, Cold Case by Gregory Wilson is a premade, high quality gimmick that will last you "forever", and the DVD for cold case has 3 hours of great knowledge. Btw, DM gave Mr.Wilson his permission (and his blessing) before Greg released it.

Flash Deck Switch (2.0) by Shin Lim - A tabled gimmick that allows you to switch out a deck for another one in the action of putting the box in your pocket. It is almost instant, but requires a lot of practice, and does not work in every single scenario. Comes with a tutorial that

The Cooler by Christian Engblom - One of the older deck switch gimmicks out there. Another (mostly) Tabled Device that allows you to switch a deck in on the off beat. However, some people don't like it because it doesn't look 100% natural.

Of these five, all of them except for Switcheroo utilize a "box" gimmick - that is, a gimmick that looks like (or is made from) a tuck case. Any tuck case (for any deck) can be applied to the gimmicks (except I don't think you can customize Cold Case very much, but you can with fracture. Gregory Wilson might go over how to customize it or make your own Fracture in the DVD, I'm not sure he does though). Michael O'brien's Switcheroo DIY technically uses a tuck case, but the gimmick itself is never seen by the spectators (or even you during the performance) so it doesn't really matter.

Of these five, I highly recommend Switcheroo by Michael O'brien for an invisible gimmick and Cold Case or Fracture for a Gimmick that the spectators actually end up seeing. If you are buying a Deck Switch, I recommend these 3 over the others - though Shin Lim's is still good in a tabled scenario where the spectators aren't super close to you, but not in many other scenarios.
thanks!

Jul 10, 2017
I agree with @Maaz Hasan. I use "Cold Case" by Gregory Wilson in most of my performances (when I can fit in all of my good tricks). It is a very well made gimmick that is built to last. I've owned it for almost 8 months, and I have yet to even think of buying a new one. It's very nonchalant, and your spectators will be fooled every time using it. Sorry I don't have any more insight, as "Cold Case" is the only deck switching gimmick i've purchased.

-Will Thompson
Mr52Cards

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Before you try any products, its probably a good idea to practice a regular deck switch with no gimmicks just to get a feel for when you would actually perform one. You may also want to experiment with partial deck switches.

Reactions: James H.(5)
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results