What would you like to learn?

Oct 7, 2015
I create a blog for magicians and laymen, I work very hard to make it informative and enjoyable, but want to know what you, as magicians would like to see next...

here are some of my recent blogs and upcoming ideas:

How to become a magician
How to avoid the wedding tax
10 things you should never say to a magician
The 5 types of magic
How much do magicians cost
3 rules of magic and why they're so important
5 best ways to deal with hecklers

and more...

I'd love to know your thoughts, and what you would like to see so I can help not just you, but the whole community around magicians.

feel free to see my blog at www.JordyDoust.com/blog/

Jul 26, 2016
Jordy, I enjoyed checking out your Blog tonight. I didn't have the opportunity to spend much time, but I will return to it. I know you have done a great deal of busking and have probably encountered many different types of people along the way. As the saying goes, "Experience is the best teacher." One of the great benefits of this Forum is that we can learn and benefit from one another's experience. Of course, the tricks and routines we perform are important and I believe that we should choose strong material and practice until they are super smooth and clean. But aside from trying to achieve smoothness and technical excellence, I find myself primarily interested in the psychological aspects of performing for people, that is to say improving my understanding of people, applying that to my magic, and in making the presentations really entertaining and captivating. In my opinion, a good entertainer will be able to make even the simplest self-working tricks entertaining. So, I guess what I'd like to see is a blog along the lines of "What I Have Learned About Making My Magic Entertaining To People."

Oct 7, 2015
Jordy, I enjoyed checking out your Blog tonight. I didn't have the opportunity to spend much time, but I will return to it. I know you have done a great deal of busking and have probably encountered many different types of people along the way. As the saying goes, "Experience is the best teacher." One of the great benefits of this Forum is that we can learn and benefit from one another's experience. Of course, the tricks and routines we perform are important and I believe that we should choose strong material and practice until they are super smooth and clean. But aside from trying to achieve smoothness and technical excellence, I find myself primarily interested in the psychological aspects of performing for people, that is to say improving my understanding of people, applying that to my magic, and in making the presentations really entertaining and captivating. In my opinion, a good entertainer will be able to make even the simplest self-working tricks entertaining. So, I guess what I'd like to see is a blog along the lines of "What I Have Learned About Making My Magic Entertaining To People."
Thanks for taking the time to check it out, I'm trying to keep the blog a tool for all magicians and entertainers to use as a guide and not a place for me to talk about myself, or advertise any performers.

I will release something similar to what you've said but may not be on my blog post, I'd be really happy to show you feel free to message my page so I can easily contact you when it's done.

thanks for the feedback
Jordy.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results