A few beginner questions

Jun 21, 2017
Hi!

I'm an amateur cardist. Since I'm just starting out, I'd really appreciate it if someone could answer a few questions :)

Currently I'm making my way through Genesis V1 by Andrei Jikh (which is simply amazing! It has helped me learn moves which I've worked hard on in the past and given up on.)
Since I have V2 as well, I think both these DVDs will occupy a lot of my time

A problem is that cards(apart from plastic ones which are good for some moves but not for eg fans) are pretty hard to find in my country. After a long and tedius process, I have obtained a deck of monarchs and some bikes. Since it's going to be some time before I can get my hands on any more decks I want to be careful from the start

Which flourishes (at beginner level) require new decks, relatively new decks and which ones need broken in decks?

I'd appreciate it if you help me out. I understand that some flourishes should be possible with a deck in any condition.

In Genesis, Andrei tells us about the moves which require a work out deck but I am looking for flourishes with new deck atm

Thanks!
~Th3ris

Apr 9, 2017
Sorry for the late reply. For new decks, which are slippery and stiff, you might want to practice fans, spreads, aerials first. Aerial moves like hotshot, flicker shot works best it the cards are still stiff, because they use pressure for the cards to launch. For broken in decks, you might want to use them for OHC or two handed cuts, because they'll slip less from your hands and it would be easier to practice with.

Jun 21, 2017
Sorry for the late reply. For new decks, which are slippery and stiff, you might want to practice fans, spreads, aerials first. Aerial moves like hotshot, flicker shot works best it the cards are still stiff, because they use pressure for the cards to launch. For broken in decks, you might want to use them for OHC or two handed cuts, because they'll slip less from your hands and it would be easier to practice with.
Thanks for the info.:)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results