Fusing Point - Wow

Sep 19, 2007
Anderson, Indiana
Player Haters

I work incredible hard to put out the best magic available, so I can just give it away? Heck yeah I'm chargin' for it! Didn't Criss Angel Charge 100.00 for a trick? My tricks are just as clean, and I charge half the price. You can eat hamburger, or prime rib, the choice is yours. You can say whatever you want about whatever you want, but the bottom line is....I Invent, you perform. I sell secrets, you buy secrets. Eventually, everyone will know ALL my secrets. You guys can bash all you want, I LOVE the controvercy. I Love All you guys regardless!

God bless, Cory Chapin

I work incredible hard to put out the best magic available, so I can just give it away? Heck yeah I'm chargin' for it! Didn't Criss Angel Charge 100.00 for a trick? My tricks are just as clean, and I charge half the price. You can eat hamburger, or prime rib, the choice is yours. You can say whatever you want about whatever you want, but the bottom line is....I Invent, you perform. I sell secrets, you buy secrets. Eventually, everyone will know ALL my secrets. You guys can bash all you want, I LOVE the controvercy. I Love All you guys regardless!

God bless, Cory Chapin

Dude.........I love you too.......:D

Anthony Bass

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
A few things. Granted, it does not look impromptu, it doesn't mean it isn't. TORN when done correctly, for example, does look impossible. And I would classify it as impromptu since it only takes about five seconds beforehand. Until you see the method, I wouldn't be saying things matter-of-factly.

Secondly, it seems magicians these days only want effects which require no setup, gimmicks, and can be done as street effects. There are so many things in my magic trunk that don't fulfill these "requirements" yet are just as amazing. Who cares if there is setup if it looks that amazing?

Lastly, the performance lacking patter isn't necessarily a bad thing. Think of how many people out there perform effects word for word from the creators. If there is no patter they are given to begin with, they are forced to put their own thoughts and words into the effect.

Just my .02

-ThrallMind

Sep 19, 2007
Anderson, Indiana
My point exactly! What's wrong with a little hard work? If Houdini, Robert Houdin, were members here, I think they would be disgusted at the sissy's we've all become. Afraid of a little setup? They were the kings of beforehand setup. They would go the extra mile and like it, just to make the effect look "Totally" impossible. There is always more than 1 or 2 ways to accomplish something. The more complex the method, the more "magical" it looks to the spectator. I have seen a half dozen coin through glass routines, some are better than others. There are some that you can't show your palms, and some that makes noise, and some that use sleeves, some that are "dirty"at the end. I developed a method that you can do in short sleeves with a signed coin. You start out showing an empty hand on both sides, flip the coin to it, and show your other hand empty on both sides. When you penetrate the coin, you can immediately lift the top hand and show the coin is under the glass. This method is more complex than any thing I have ever seen, but look at the overall effect... They just saw you put a signed coin through the glass with no tell tell signs of how you did it. I create for the end result. With a lot of practice, you could gather quite a large following.

Chapin

Cory,

First of all, if Houdini or Robert Houdin were here, they'd probably be laughing at you. That's just my opinion.

I think you should stop trying to put yourself on their level to try and earn a couple bucks. If you were really creative you'd come up with something other than a new version of an old trick.

Plus it's not really the best idea to advertise on another magic site.

Just sayin

Nate

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Cory,

First of all, if Houdini or Robert Houdin were here, they'd probably be laughing at you. That's just my opinion.

I think you should stop trying to put yourself on their level to try and earn a couple bucks. If you were really creative you'd come up with something other than a new version of an old trick.

Plus it's not really the best idea to advertise on another magic site.

Just sayin

Nate
Uhh... is it just me or does this make any sense? I don't get how Houdini and Robert Houdin would be laughing at Cory when he is trying to make a point. So basically you having a set-up in a trick means you're putting yourself on the same level as Houdini and Houdin? And now you're telling him it's wrong to make money on magic? Okay... now what the hell is T11 doing? Exactly.

Hello he is being creative by having new methods on some tricks... being creative does not always mean making up new tricks that noone has ever seen. Also, I don't see him advertising on any of his posts in this thread. He's just telling us some information on his trick(that is what this thread was ALL about) and some other important points.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Apparently you haven't looked into this guy's stuff. I'm not trying to start an argument. Just stating my opinion.

That's all.

Nate

I actually have looked into his "stuff" if you mean his website. Yeah it looks really amateur and looks like he is interested in the money but who isn't? It is his decision if he wants to sell his trick or not. I do not agree with his prices, but it looks like he has been working from scratch. I'm just acknowledging his hard work and efforts.

Aug 31, 2007
California
Uhh... is it just me or does this make any sense? I don't get how Houdini and Robert Houdin would be laughing at Cory when he is trying to make a point. So basically you having a set-up in a trick means you're putting yourself on the same level as Houdini and Houdin? And now you're telling him it's wrong to make money on magic? Okay... now what the hell is T11 doing? Exactly.

Hello he is being creative by having new methods on some tricks... being creative does not always mean making up new tricks that noone has ever seen. Also, I don't see him advertising on any of his posts in this thread. He's just telling us some information on his trick(that is what this thread was ALL about) and some other important points.

I have no problem with magic being sold. I have no problem with Cory, I don't know him so I can't not like him, or like him.

But by the way he speaks here and the way he acts and performed his effect, he could care less about the magic. He seems to just want to make the money. This bothers me. I also have no problem with the people that just create effects for magicians, but come on.

Keenan

It's not that I don't like Cory. Creating a new version of a trick is completely fine. But creating a version of something that already has been redone frequently just seems unneeded. His presentations aren't as good because he's trying to sell the trick too much.

I just got a message from him telling me about all 15 of his effects that are avialable on his website. If that's not advertising, I don't know what is.

To give him constructive criticism instead of bash him constantly:

Cory, work on the presentations of your tricks. I could hardly watch the trick over you telling me the price. If you don't, everyone will think you're just in it for the money. That's the way it appears. So revise the tricks, work out the handling, and present yourself as a magician. Not a used car salesman.

Nate

Sep 19, 2007
Anderson, Indiana
Here is the P.M. I sent, Advertising?

Hey , how are you? I see your a Christian, I checked out your myspace page. Thats awesome, I am too. God has really started to Bless me the last couple of weeks. I have alot (15) of original effects, I created "Drip" (coin through Glass) because I bought Melting Point, and It was just not that magical. I wanted something where you could show both hands empty at the start and finish. You can check it out if you want www. .com
The site is getting a makeover right now (looks like ray charles built it) should be operational in about 7 days. Wouldn't be the first time people laughed at me. When I told someone I was going to put an empty Pepsi bottle behind a hat and when I pulled it out it would be full, they all laughed. Check out ClearFull. Hit me back. Cory Chapin

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
It's not rediculous.

I do laugh at the title of the thread 'The P.M. i sent, Advertising?'
...yeah. it looked a lot like advertising to me actually. You plugged your website, you threw out that you have 15 original effects (very humbly by the way...fits with the first four lines quite well.), you then mention a coin effect and then your clearfull.
I'm not bashing any effects you've created-they look good. I cant deny that.
But the P.M. (Private...Message)... you sent was then Publicly posted(by you...). But for someone who doesn't care if people laugh at him or anything like that, you're going to extreme measures to prove yourself...
Just a thought.

:)

I don't see the problem with letting your fellow magicians know what your up to and what your involved with we all do it. It's usually the little guys on the totem pole that bring you new ideas and beautiful magic. I think there are too many people here that love to pick others apart just to make themselves feel important and its discouraging seeing the lack of support for your fellow magicians. Saying that I also believe the effect should sell itself and there should be a sense of respect to our art and it shouldn't always be about the money. I think we need to be more open minded here if not your just cutting your self short of new ideas.
Peace!

Shane.

Dec 13, 2007
Hey , how are you? I see your a Christian, I checked out your myspace page. Thats awesome, I am too. God has really started to Bless me the last couple of weeks. I have alot (15) of original effects, I created "Drip" (coin through Glass) because I bought Melting Point, and It was just not that magical. I wanted something where you could show both hands empty at the start and finish. You can check it out if you want www. .com
The site is getting a makeover right now (looks like ray charles built it) should be operational in about 7 days. Wouldn't be the first time people laughed at me. When I told someone I was going to put an empty Pepsi bottle behind a hat and when I pulled it out it would be full, they all laughed. Check out ClearFull. Hit me back. Cory Chapin

How come your like..."I see your a Christian" and on you website it says on the last line "I am a Christian" which has nothing to do with anything. Why do you care so much about other people being Christian.

Aug 31, 2007
How come your like..."I see your a Christian" and on you website it says on the last line "I am a Christian" which has nothing to do with anything. Why do you care so much about other people being Christian.

That's the way Christians roll.

Sep 1, 2007
I actually came up with the name for this effect. Trust this guy until you find a review saying otherwise.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results