Thing that you still struggle with?

Jul 15, 2017
Hey everyone,
So I was wondering, is there a move, or a control or force that you seemed to have a really hard time getting down? For example, and I know that this is silly...I can't get a fan to look clean to save my life. I try and try and try, I have look at every tutorial I can, and for some reason it's just not that nice, beautiful fan most magicians do. I can do a lot of higher level controls but for some reason a clean looking fan just alludes me.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Nothing that I actually use.

There are things I play with because they're fun, like the Clipshift and bottom deal, that I suck at. But I don't have any routines that use them, and I wouldn't have a use for them in performance, so I haven't worked on it. If it's something I will be using in a show, I work at it until it's right.

Jul 25, 2017
I believe, in my humble opinion of course, that the two handed pass/shift/hop/whateveryouwanttocallittofeelspecial is a move that is very hard to get down "perfect", it takes perfectionists something like five years until they are satisfied with it.

Now, I haven't practiced it this long, but it is one of the moves I'm struggling with.

Mar 15, 2017
Let me....Elmsley Count, Classic Pass, Bottom Deal, Second Deal, McMillan Switch, the Anti-Faro by Christian Engbloom, Slipshift by Chris Ramsay, and I think that's about it...(jk, there's still a cr@p ton of stuff that I need to practice)

Reactions: Justinquill
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
The push off double lift is something I haven't been able to do since I learned it 2 years ago, and it annoys the hell out of me!

Anyone have any tips, or a could place to learn it?

Oh, also, the side steal, but that's something I really haven't looked into, but will do so soon.
Believe it or not, the classic pass..... mine is nassssstttty! lol My turnover pass is the one i use most often (if i need to use a pass.)
Why not use a Herrmann Pass?

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
The push off double lift is something I haven't been able to do since I learned it 2 years ago, and it annoys the hell out of me!

Anyone have any tips, or a could place to learn it?

Oh, also, the side steal, but that's something I really haven't looked into, but will do so soon.

Why not use a Herrmann Pass?

I don't remember where I initially learned it but I never felt comfortable using it. I watched And Gladwins at the table and he talks about it for a few minutes. I use it almost exclusively now lol he had some touches on it that made mine way better, so that's what I'd recommend.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
For me, it's not so much a move (because there are many that I'm terrible at), but moreso my struggle is taking risks during performance.
I completely agree with this one too as we are creatures of habit and tend to dwell on what has brought us success in the past. We know its our "go-to" material that will fry them anyway and have done it hundreds of times.

However, I will say my turnover pass is still unusable in performance. Ha.

Reactions: Justin.Morris
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results