Rearranging a new deck & Crimps

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
So I have been planning an effect recently, and one of the things I need for this effect is a "new sealed deck" with all the cards in order Ace through king of each suit (Spades diamonds clubs hearts). I have the ace in each suit crimped. Do you think anyone will notice if the cards are running Ace- K of spades, Ace - K of diamonds, Ace - K of clubs, Ace - K of hearts + 2 jokers & an Ad Card, instead of the usual order? I doubt anyone would notice.

Also, what are some of the different types of crimps out there? I know only about a breather crimp, and the classic corner crimp.

Reactions: FunkyBottoms

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
No one will notice. Most people don't know what "new deck order" actually is, unless they're someone who intimately works with decks - ie: magicians

I would be a little surprised if even hard core card players really noticed - because they usually immediately shuffle the cards.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
If you keep the ace of spaces on the bottom most people won't notice, some will. Hopefully those who do will just think it comes that way sometimes

Have you considered using shorts instead of crimps?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
If you keep the ace of spaces on the bottom most people won't notice, some will. Hopefully those who do will just think it comes that way sometimes

Have you considered using shorts instead of crimps?
Yeah I did. I'm debating between short cards, crimp cards, or just kinda punching the corner of the card a bit so I can spread through it and feel the bump.

Jul 28, 2015
Yeah I did. I'm debating between short cards, crimp cards, or just kinda punching the corner of the card a bit so I can spread through it and feel the bump.
how do you intend to use the crimps?? Let me explain, are you to use them to cut to a particular suit or to locate a particular card by feeling for the crimp and then riffling to get to it, how exactly are you planning on using the crimps??

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
how do you intend to use the crimps?? Let me explain, are you to use them to cut to a particular suit or to locate a particular card by feeling for the crimp and then riffling to get to it, how exactly are you planning on using the crimps??
It's hard to explain. I am essentially using the crimps as bookmarks, allowing me to cut to the suit I need, then allowing me to find their freely named card via some additional moves.

Apr 9, 2016
Martin Nash's Infinity Crimp is my go-to if I'm at a table, but if you're talking pre-packaging the cards already crimped, you can use any crimp you like, and it should be a good one.

I would go with the standard X, keeping in mind the cards may be in that pack for a while, OR a spoon (credit R. Paul Wilson), using the back of a spoon to make the crimp, make either breathe in whatever direction you need, I'd use a bottom breather.

Also....aces? Lots of white space. Have you considered that a deck made in UK, the standard "new deck order" is K-A, top to bottom. Your A-S is still on the bottom, so even more cover there as well. Just reverse the order of the mechanics you intended to use with A-K setup.

If you setup that way, and some know-it-all calls ya, you can say they're leftover from the London gig or something clever. :)

This would also have you crimp the K's, a much better choice to hide the crimp than the A in my opinion.

Good luck on your venture! Wonder Sealer is awesome. Grab some "damn near" USPCC seals and you're off to the races!

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results