David Blaine Doublelift vs Pinky Count Doublelift

Aug 20, 2017
Hi guys, started about 2 months ago in magic and i saw a lot of doublelift tutorials and im getting confused. Which is the best/the cleaner doublelift to do? I find the david blaine one much easier to do but i guess the pinky count is more cleaner, i dont know. Show me your thoughts please, it would be apreciated. (sorry for my english)

Oct 9, 2015
Colorado
the push off double lift is easier , which is okay for now in your case , but as you get better at things like the pinky count , the pinky count one will be cleaner

buy the book royal road to card magic and check out the double lift in there , the stuff you find in books will be better than what is on YouTube

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
The "pinky count" double lift, as you put it, will be cleaner. I would like to just emphasize what @Ejwhite25 said, Buy the Royal Road.

However, at your current level, the pinky count is too advanced. It takes a ton of practice to get down. For now, practice riffling the back of the deck and pulling off the card cleanly. This would be the standard double lift (taught in depth in the Royal Road).

The thing about the "David Blaine" Double lift is that you need to basically be very skilled with cards to pull it off, not because it's hard, but because it is a very flourishy move.

The best double lift I have seen is Dai Vernon's Push Over Double Lift, but I haven't been able to get that down (yet). That being said, you need to know the pinky count in order to do it.

Feb 18, 2015
Dingle's Double lift is very hard to master, but the good thing about it is you don't need to have that break.
There is no such thing as a pinky count double if you meant that, but the pinky count is an option used to get into 90percent of the double.
Some double lifts you might want to check out are the strike double (easy to get break and do), the snap double, the 2 card pushover, or the Stuart Gordon.
Whichever is easiest for you (like if you hold the cards in your right hand, SG double might be easier) and looks most natural, thats the one you want to use. If you do a double correctly, you will not be caught unless someone knows about the DL.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Dingle's Double lift is very hard to master, but the good thing about it is you don't need to have that break.
There is no such thing as a pinky count double if you meant that, but the pinky count is an option used to get into 90percent of the double.
Some double lifts you might want to check out are the strike double (easy to get break and do), the snap double, the 2 card pushover, or the Stuart Gordon.
Whichever is easiest for you (like if you hold the cards in your right hand, SG double might be easier) and looks most natural, that's the one you want to use. If you do a double correctly, you will not be caught unless someone knows about the DL.
Yes. The Pinky count is simply used to get a break. It is not in itself a double lift. It is actually more versatile.

It is probably important to mention that almost all of these (except for the strike double, maybe the SG, I have never run across it before) require a break. To get this break, you can do a ton of things. A Pinky count is the cleanest, but you can also spread the cards and grab a break, push off 2 and square up, riffle to get a break, and much more.

ProAma

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
you NEED to put in the work for the pinky count. if you are not doing a natural turnover of a card as any other person would do it will not go unnoticed.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The best double lift is the one that looks the most like how you lift a single card.

How do you turn over a single card?

Turn over two cards that way.

Ta da, invisible double lift.

PS: I can't do a pinky count and I'm never caught with my double lift.

Reactions: CWhite
Jul 28, 2015
Imo the strike double is the cleanest and fairest looking double out there, it isn't "flourishy" so it doesn't attract any suspicion of what your actually doing, but that's if it's done correctly... no breaks no get ready no tells

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Imo the strike double is the cleanest and fairest looking double out there, it isn't "flourishy" so it doesn't attract any suspicion of what your actually doing, but that's if it's done correctly... no breaks no get ready no tells
I think it's between the strike double and the pushover double, but at the end of the day, it's whatever looks most natural.

Aug 15, 2017
Hi guys, started about 2 months ago in magic and i saw a lot of doublelift tutorials and im getting confused. Which is the best/the cleaner doublelift to do? I find the david blaine one much easier to do but i guess the pinky count is more cleaner, i dont know. Show me your thoughts please, it would be apreciated. (sorry for my english)
You are absolutely right. Pinky count is the cleaner, but it is not necessary that you need to perform the cleanest thing to fool some minds. I personally never did the riffling from the back thingy, was extremely nervous of being caught out. So I found this good alternative. Take off the top card in any pretext. I would say "So this top card here... " and by that time I would have a break below the current top card in the deck. Then I would place the actual top card on the "top" card under which I have a pinky break
PRESTO pinky break below two cards achieve. Then I would simply turn over the 2 cards as one. Very basic, but always works.
I do not feel you need to wait to get started on pinky count DL, start now. Everyone has to start somewhere right? Check out 52 kards on You Tube for the Simulated double card push over. Very slightly knacky but by far the best DL I know.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results