What's your sleight obsession?

Apr 2, 2017
California
Just curious what people spend alot off their time on other than the Double Lift.

For me it has been a 5 year obsession with the side steal.

Curse you Paul Cummins!! For real though Paul Cummins is the man!

Just curious what Y'all like to spend your time perfecting. Does not have to be a card technique either.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Jul 28, 2015
1. Diagonal Palm shift, multiple top palm

2. Overhand jog shuffles, Stewart Gordon DLs

3. False table shuffles and cuts, bottoms and seconds

Usually do these sitting around to keep the hands busy watching TV a what not...

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Just curious what people spend alot off their time on other than the Double Lift.

For me it has been a 5 year obsession with the side steal.

Curse you Paul Cummins!! For real though Paul Cummins is the man!

Just curious what Y'all like to spend your time perfecting. Does not have to be a card technique either.

Well here are videos of two of the said big three:

Up The Ladder Cuts- https://www.instagram.com/p/BX6OHhMBgX-/
Bottom Deal-https://www.instagram.com/p/BX6OqhlBOxG/
Classic Pass - Work in Progress.

There not perfect by any means!!

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
The last several months have mostly seen:

Culling. Current focus: Eliminate the occasional unnatural card movement.
Top Change. Current focus: Quiet
That last part of Tivo 2.0. Current focus: Smooth and accurate.

And thanks for going first. I find it makes more sense when people are willing to get things started on their own.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Lately it's been

With cards - spread pass, culling and Marlo's tilt move - I hate the "convincer" of pushing the center cards out before putting the selection into the "center."

With coins - classic palm, muscle pass, edge grip on both middle fingers, spellbound move, and back clip. JW grip is fun to play with too, especially under the guise of adjusting my glasses, though I have to be careful because I'm tall. Also left hand coin rolls - it's taken me years to get my left hand up to par with my right but now I can do the endless coin roll between both hands. #fuckyes

Others - flipstick, ring thing, maybe others I'm forgetting?? Lol

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX

It looks like a flub. Like... "Oops, I messed up putting the card in the center, didn't quite work let me try again."

Which doesn't make sense because we're good with cards. Putting one in the center is what we do constantly and it's not that hard. It /might/ be a bit more convincing that it's in the center but imo Tilt is convincing enough as it is.

So you effortlessly slide the card in, still sticking out halfway then look up and make eye contact as you square everything up. There's really no need for the extra 10 seconds of what looks to them like you're fumbling with the cards

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
It looks like a flub. Like... "Oops, I messed up putting the card in the center, didn't quite work let me try again."

Which doesn't make sense because we're good with cards. Putting one in the center is what we do constantly and it's not that hard. It /might/ be a bit more convincing that it's in the center but imo Tilt is convincing enough as it is.

So you effortlessly slide the card in, still sticking out halfway then look up and make eye contact as you square everything up. There's really no need for the extra 10 seconds of what looks to them like you're fumbling with the cards
Yeah, I personally thought it was kind of weird myself. I much prefer a bluff pass, especially since if you practice it long enough, you can create an optical illusion with your fingers (your drop the deck deep into your fingers and stick them straight up as your hand picks up the top "packet"). It is super convincing. Especially if you pick up half the deck and dribble it as you make eye contact while putting the "top packet" back on top.

Aug 29, 2017
Bosnia And Herzegovina
I am literally obsessed about the Tenkai palm, its crazy how many things you can do with it, forces, controls, color changes, productions and they are all so smooth, i just love it so much, but i don't always do it, only on routines that i make up that require it...

Second place goes to the Classic Pass, i'm always perfecting this move, my preferred method is the jiggle pass after closing up a spread, but i don't do it like other people, i do it WHILE the jiggle is happening, which gives an even bigger cover...

Third place goes to the KM move, its surprising how many things you can actually accomplish with this magical thing besides clean ups, recently iv'e invented a color change using it, u can substitute a marlo tilt for this move, if you need a spectators card in the second position i guess?, it looks cool when i use it in an ambitious card routine...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results