Saturday Night Contest - A Novel Idea

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend!

The challenge this week is this: create an effect that involves a BOOK in some way. For example, you can make an illustration come to life, tear a page from the book and make it re-appear perfectly intact, take a book off a shelf and make it vanish only to re-appear in its original place. Anything you can think of that involves a book is fair game. We are looking for creativity and execution, so if you show us something unique and perform it well, you could be walking home with this week's prize!

Film your performance and upload it to either YouTube or Instagram, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, September 17th. Once time is up our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points and ZODIAC, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

Good luck!

Reactions: timsilva
Sep 6, 2017

The challenge this week is this: create an effect that involves a BOOK in some way. For example, you can make an illustration come to life, tear a page from the book and make it re-appear perfectly intact, take a book off a shelf and make it vanish only to re-appear in its original place. Anything you can think of that involves a book is fair game. We are looking for creativity and execution, so if you show us something unique and perform it well, you could be walking home with this week's prize!

Film your performance and upload it to either YouTube or Instagram, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, September 17th. Once time is up our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points and ZODIAC, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

Good luck!
Hi Casey can we put a video in Italian but with subtitles in English

Reactions: Davide Manna
Sep 6, 2017

Good luck!
Hi Casey can we put a video in Italian but with subtitles in English

Haschich

Elite Member
Nov 17, 2016
Brazil
www.instagram.com
Pretty nice idea for this one,
but maybe my presentation is a little cringeworthy haha
I'm really sorry, english isn't my first language.
But I'm happy with the overall result!

Good luck everybody!!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Jebzy

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
Latvia
This is my entry to SNC! Hope you will like it!
I was trying to use the book as much as I could and this is what I came up with. :)

Good luck everyone!

Nov 13, 2016
Ps this is just the basic idea,it could be very cool in a real life performance if u would let the spectator join in as well maybe add a few more steps to make it even more impossible,give it some thought and adapt it to your personality!

Jul 28, 2015
Hey guys here's my submission, something I've been working on for a while now that I like to call "Ode to Theo" could be done with any borrowed book or books, no stooges... Enjoy!
Just to clarify this is one of two versions for this effect

Jun 24, 2017

I tried to be as ORIGINAL as possible. I realized that almost everyone would probably use some type of book force and end up with some kind of mind reading trick, so I used an English Dictionary Safe! This still is in the boundaries of the rules because everything is not what it seems, this looks like a book on the outside, but is a safe on the inside! Just like magic tricks! I really, really, want to win this one and I don't enter often. Good luck everyone! Oh and sorry for this essay of a description lol.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Such. Amazing. Entries. Thank you to everyone who participated this week and made this one INCREDIBLY hard to judge. We have finally decided on a winner, so let's get into the results.

Our winner this week went above and beyond the creativity, not only in the method but in the visuals. It's hard to make a book effect be visual at the same time, but our winner got it done and the method was great. Congrats to Jebzy for taking home this week's prize! Please send a message to our support team with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP.

We also want to issue some honorable mentions to these members who really brought it this week and made it super difficult to judge. A ton of great effects that you can take and perform for others right now. Super good. Kaan Akdogan, HectorE1, Toby Langdon. Excellent work to each of you!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Aug 6, 2017
For the first time i dont agree with the winner!
Not an original method and also not as deceptive due to the magician doing the trick on himself as he has to pick the word himself... so it is pointless.
Seems like to have won only due to the revealation which was not the challange.
Just my opinion.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results