Halloween idea I'm doing

Aug 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
What started as an idea for Trick or Treating when kids from the neighborhood come to my house for candy, has turned into something strange. I'm posting this to get your thoughts on whether I should go through with this or not, because I'm slightly concerned.

I decided that this year, I would get creative and create a character that combines creepiness with magic. So when kids come to my house, they would be greeted on the porch by "Bones." Bones is a homicidal mime that will creepily perform tricks silently. He wears a top hat adorned with bones, and a tuxedo with tails (classic magician style, with a touch of blood splatter on his shirt). As the performance starts, Bones will seem happy and wide eyed, but as it continues he becomes more rigid with a more psychotic menacing look in his eyes.

What this became however...once a few friends heard what I planned to do, they thought "Hey this would be awesome to do at a hospital...." uh... As I heard their idea I couldn't help but think "Well sure...I never really thought of how 'amusing' it would be to scare the crap out of kids that are already in the hospital..." So I decided to work up an alternative in which Bones wouldn't be menacing to the kids in the hospital and that I would end each small performance with a card trick where their card would turn into a "Get well" card printed on the face of a playing card (which I would leave with them). Essentially a "pick a card" trick, in which I lay their card on the table face down and then as if I had forgotten it's on the table, I begin looking through the deck to find their card. They know it's on the table but I seem to be oblivious to it. I have them look to see that it's gone. After a min of this, I give up, make a sad face and just take a bow. They feel that they have fooled Bones and that the trick has failed. So when they alert Bones of the card on the table and turn it over...it's not their card but instead says "Get well soon. Bones."

That being said, I have went ahead and donned the tux, the makeup, etc to take a photo for the "Get well" card and I realized it would be a good opportunity to get feedback on the idea and include a photo of what Bones looks like. I legit want it to be creepy but I don't want to scare kids in the hospital lol. So here's Bones.
BonesTheMime2.jpg

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
The idea is fantastic! But I'm not gonna lie, I'm 16, And am kinda freaked out my the picture. The eyes are just so.... Stephen King horror movie. Maybe it's because the IT trailer keeps popping up, but maybe make the eyes a bit more friendly lol.

It looks spectacular!

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results