card forcing

Aug 6, 2017
I need help with forcing cards. I think the classic force is great... when I can pull it off. I struggle to get it every time and when I don't I have to do weird movements to get the card back. I use the riffle down the side force which works but seems sketchy to me and I do like the one in royal road called the lift shuffle force. I tried the classic force on my friend today and before he even pointed to a card he said "your trying to force a card aren't you?" All I said was point to a card. I tried the hindu force on my dad yesterday and he knew it was the bottom card. What do I do? Also are there any good dvd's or books about solely forcing cards (that are relatively cheap).

Aug 6, 2017
Depending on the context, you can control the car and peak it as opposed to a force
true but if I want to force an ace or something. Also would you recommend the royal road peaking section for some good peaks? or somethinbg else?

Jul 28, 2017
I like using my clipshift as a kind of force, works well. I have the force card on the bottom of the deck and do small swing-cuts to the non-dominant hand, then when they say stop I make eye contact with them and ask them are they sure? They always say yes, meanwhile I clipshift the force card to the top of the right hand packet and reveal the card.

Riffle force, feels sketchy but flies by people.

Spreadcull Force took me ages to get comfortable but it is great for forcing with no suspicions and leaves the hand in a good position to do side steals and other moves. The spreadcull can be used to go into different card selections as well. Like the Allerton Control from a spreadcull is possible so you can both force their card and then control their card to the top within a few moves. Same goes for like a Spreadcull into a force into a cull again. I dunno if I am explaining this right ahaha.

The hindu force works if you falsely reinforce the move to demonstrate to the spectator.

So do a fake hindu shuffle where you do actually change the bottom card to different cards reinforcing to the spectator the idea that the card is different every time, then when you say ok tell me to stop, you do the real hindu force leaving them without a doubt that their selection was a free choice and random.

I like the overhand lift shuffle in general and it makes for an ok force but it isn't as nice as some of the others but you can do them all to mix things up.

I really really like the clipshift force and spreadcull force and they lead to other great controls straight after.

Aug 6, 2017
I like using my clipshift as a kind of force, works well. I have the force card on the bottom of the deck and do small swing-cuts to the non-dominant hand, then when they say stop I make eye contact with them and ask them are they sure? They always say yes, meanwhile I clipshift the force card to the top of the right hand packet and reveal the card.

Riffle force, feels sketchy but flies by people.

Spreadcull Force took me ages to get comfortable but it is great for forcing with no suspicions and leaves the hand in a good position to do side steals and other moves. The spreadcull can be used to go into different card selections as well. Like the Allerton Control from a spreadcull is possible so you can both force their card and then control their card to the top within a few moves. Same goes for like a Spreadcull into a force into a cull again. I dunno if I am explaining this right ahaha.

The hindu force works if you falsely reinforce the move to demonstrate to the spectator.

So do a fake hindu shuffle where you do actually change the bottom card to different cards reinforcing to the spectator the idea that the card is different every time, then when you say ok tell me to stop, you do the real hindu force leaving them without a doubt that their selection was a free choice and random.

I like the overhand lift shuffle in general and it makes for an ok force but it isn't as nice as some of the others but you can do them all to mix things up.

I really really like the clipshift force and spreadcull force and they lead to other great controls straight after.
thanks for the tips. For the clipshift force when you do it are you clipping the card with your pinky? Can you go into a little more detail on thata?

Jul 28, 2017
Erm if you know the clipshift move then you just perform that basically but at the end of the swing cuts from the dominant hand into the other hand.

Can't really explain the clipshift as it is a pay to learn move.

I just swing cut and then clipshift the bottom most card to the top when they aren't looking at my hands, but even if they are looking at my hands, I don't complete the clipshift until my hand is in motion, moving the dominant hand packet back on top of the newly cut packet in the nondominant hand. Think of doing 4 swing cuts but instead of putting the last packed down straight away just hang on to the packet for a few seconds to get ready the clipshift with a bit of patter / banter, then complete the clipshift as the hand drops the packet to complete the deck. Then reveal the top card, whcih you forced, which was originally the bottom card.

The clipshift is easier to perform with a smaller packet so I make use of that and use the clipshift as a force, control and colour change but in the motions of moving packets around. I gives people more to look at and lets you motion with your hands without seeming suspicious which is the best cover for the clipshift.

It is definatly useful to know. Great utility move. :)

Aug 6, 2017
Erm if you know the clipshift move then you just perform that basically but at the end of the swing cuts from the dominant hand into the other hand.

Can't really explain the clipshift as it is a pay to learn move.

I just swing cut and then clipshift the bottom most card to the top when they aren't looking at my hands, but even if they are looking at my hands, I don't complete the clipshift until my hand is in motion, moving the dominant hand packet back on top of the newly cut packet in the nondominant hand. Think of doing 4 swing cuts but instead of putting the last packed down straight away just hang on to the packet for a few seconds to get ready the clipshift with a bit of patter / banter, then complete the clipshift as the hand drops the packet to complete the deck. Then reveal the top card, whcih you forced, which was originally the bottom card.

The clipshift is easier to perform with a smaller packet so I make use of that and use the clipshift as a force, control and colour change but in the motions of moving packets around. I gives people more to look at and lets you motion with your hands without seeming suspicious which is the best cover for the clipshift.

It is definatly useful to know. Great utility move. :)
I honestly don't know the move good enough. I watched a video on it on youtube but it doesn't explain it very well. I would like to buy it. Do you think it is worth it to buy the 30 dollar one called surface on penguin magic? It includes tricks. Or do you think I should just get the 12 dollar one on art of magic cause its cheaper. Also does it require big hands? Because you need to get the middle ring and pinky finger under the cards a good amount.

https://www.artofmagic.com/products/clip-shift
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S10772

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
true but if I want to force an ace or something. Also would you recommend the royal road peaking section for some good peaks? or somethinbg else?
The royal road has a ton of forces and peaks in it that are well worth it. It even has a section on the classic force.

Jul 26, 2016
I highly recommend the cross-cut force. They, themselves, cut the deck, and with a bit of time misdirection, you will never get caught. And, they will be absolutely convinced they had a free and fair choice. Been doing it for many years and it's never let me down. By far my fave force.

Reactions: RealityOne
Aug 6, 2017
I highly recommend the cross-cut force. They, themselves, cut the deck, and with a bit of time misdirection, you will never get caught. And, they will be absolutely convinced they had a free and fair choice. Been doing it for many years and it's never let me down. By far my fave force.
That's the one where you stack the packet and cross them then misdirect them then pick up the top packet right?

Jul 26, 2016
Yes, exactly. The force card is on top of the deck to begin with. After you pick up the top packet, you point to the top card of the lower packet and say something like, "Please take a look at the card you cut to, and remember that card."

Apr 26, 2016
Myself, I like the glide force, the topsy turvy force, the cull force, the gravity force, the riffle force, and the cut deeper force. All of them are 100% reliable, and can be just as convincing as the classic force. When I absolutely need a card chosen, I usually use these. When I would prefer they pick a certain card, I use the classic. Spectators are unpredictable, so to guarantee that a card is forced, use one of these.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
The Magician's Choice is a favorite of mine. I don't see it used to often with cards, but it is very easy to use, as long as it fits the patter.

Jul 26, 2016
This thread kind of inspired me to go back to a great little book I bought years ago compiled by Theodore Annemann, entitled, "202 Methods of Forcing." It is filled with gems, and you are bound to find some that suit you or the particular effects for which you need a force.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
This thread kind of inspired me to go back to a great little book I bought years ago compiled by Theodore Annemann, entitled, "202 Methods of Forcing." It is filled with gems, and you are bound to find some that suit you or the particular effects for which you need a force.

My favorite is the 203rd force. :cool:
You see, these are the statements that will fill my library and empty my wallet. Smh :D

Luckily, this one looks to be a bit cheaper! Going straight on my list

Aug 15, 2017
I need help with forcing cards. I think the classic force is great... when I can pull it off. I struggle to get it every time and when I don't I have to do weird movements to get the card back. I use the riffle down the side force which works but seems sketchy to me and I do like the one in royal road called the lift shuffle force. I tried the classic force on my friend today and before he even pointed to a card he said "your trying to force a card aren't you?" All I said was point to a card. I tried the hindu force on my dad yesterday and he knew it was the bottom card. What do I do? Also are there any good dvd's or books about solely forcing cards (that are relatively cheap).
Riffle force and the Hindu force with the top card...

Honestly speaking tho, it MUST have been your way of doing the Hindu force that made it kinda obvious.
BTW...my father found out the Hindu force once as well! Do fathers have something with the Hindu force?
:) :) :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results