Best ITR?

Jan 24, 2017
Alberta
Hey, so I've recently got back into magic and Im loving the Tarantula 2. Or at least how it performs. I know of other ITRs but which is the absolute best bang for the buck? If you could, just state the positives and negatives of each.

FrancoPascali

Team member
Oct 12, 2016
Hey Brayden,
Basically we are very invested in the Tarantula 2.0 because of the following reasons
1.) It can be performed in practically any environment. What we mean is that it will not be stressful to find the right "time" to perform levitations as it can be done pretty much whenever you want! This becomes somewhat of an issue when considering reels such as Venom for example.
2.) It can be used without any clothing limitations. Most reels require a setup on the outfit that you will be using while the tarantula can just be thrown in your pocket and be ready to go when you need it.
3.) It resets instantaneously if done correctly, and when something " goes wrong" during the levitation it can take under 2 min to fix and you will be ready to keep floating objects. This is a major benefit as the techniques that Yigal Mesika teaches are far faster then any reel we have seen.
These are reasons why we believe the tarantula is a viable competitor for "Best ITR"
Hopefully this helps!

Jan 24, 2017
Alberta
Are you 100% hands free? I would rather use a itr with my hands rather than for example something that I cant control as easily.

Jan 24, 2017
Alberta
As seen in the video, with the part where he has the checkered shirt.. Is that the Tarantula clipped on?

FrancoPascali

Team member
Oct 12, 2016
It is not on the checkered shirt or any clothing and you are in fact hand controlling it. That’s all I can say .

Reactions: RalphB2
Aug 8, 2017
Ohio
Was totally new to thread stuff and picked up a Tarantula II on the assumption that T11 wouldn't steer me wrong. That ideology holds true after playing with it for a week. Awesome product. Can't speak to other ITRs, but based on my research, this is the one that really allows for impromptu and non-restrictive performances.

Jan 24, 2017
Alberta
a better question, is it easy to flash? With the spider pen pro, flashing hard because even if you do flash, you just say its your pen

Reactions: SvenR5
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
So your saying you never really saw them flash it until they told you what you should be looking at?
I thought he was messing with us. It was in a Murphy's Magic Live Stream. He said he wouldn't show it to us. I legitimately didn't know what to look for. He flashed it like 20 times before people said "what are you doing" and he said "I'm flashing it so you get an idea of what it looks like on your person. Even then, it was really hard to see.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
The Tarantula 2, like the original Tarantula, is EXTREMELY well disguised. Near impossible to see if you aren't looking specifically for it. If I know what the gimmick is and I suspect someone is using it, I might see it if they flash, but otherwise it is near invisible. Really clever design.

// L

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
The Tarantula ITRs are some of the coolest James Bond gimmicks you can get in magic. I definitely love the innovation.

That said, you asked for the best. There's no definitive answer but I prefer Loops for IT work. I avoid the outright levitation of objects and go for more subtle IT effects, I also like the affordability and lack of a mechanism in IT.

There are things that you can do with the Tarantula and other reels that are unique to them. That uniqueness may be the determining factor.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results