HG effect- shawn farquhar

Aug 6, 2017
I got the effect a couple days ago and I am having trouble counting and with the first phase. If the guy says 44 I have to count to that position and sometimes i get to the end of the deck and come back to the top and have to go there which looks weird. I also am struggling on what to say when I look through the deck because it seems suspicious. I could say pick a lower number but that to me seems like i am trying to force something. If that is how I have to do it I will. Hopefully @itsmyjob will see this!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I got the effect a couple days ago and I am having trouble counting and with the first phase. If the guy says 44 I have to count to that position and sometimes i get to the end of the deck and come back to the top and have to go there which looks weird. I also am struggling on what to say when I look through the deck because it seems suspicious. I could say pick a lower number but that to me seems like i am trying to force something. If that is how I have to do it I will. Hopefully @itsmyjob will see this!

I don't won the dvd but some of what is catching you up seems to be related to your fluency with the trick and its mechanics. Currently, I am working on an effect that requires quite a bit of mental calculation. The only way that you can pull this type of trick off is by learning every aspect of it to the point where you can do it blind folded. If that is your issue I'd say you need more time with it.

PS. I know Shawn replies quickly to Facebook messages if he's not cruising. Pop on over there and ask him.

Aug 6, 2017
I don't won the dvd but some of what is catching you up seems to be related to your fluency with the trick and its mechanics. Currently, I am working on an effect that requires quite a bit of mental calculation. The only way that you can pull this type of trick off is by learning every aspect of it to the point where you can do it blind folded. If that is your issue I'd say you need more time with it.

PS. I know Shawn replies quickly to Facebook messages if he's not cruising. Pop on over there and ask him.
Awesome! Thanks!

Dec 12, 2007
Hi,

I answered this in his PM on Facebook, but in case someone else should encounter a similar situation, I'll explain here as well. But first it is rare someone will ask for such a high number in the first phase. When it does happen, I switch and do Phase #2, which is easily done with a huge number. Then after completing this phase, I will go back and do Phase #1. If you are familiar with the H.G. Effect this will make perfect sense. I have to say I am thrilled to see so many people presenting it lately. With more than 5000 downloads I am flabergasted! -shawn

Reactions: Jonathan Sabov
Aug 6, 2017
Hi,

I answered this in his PM on Facebook, but in case someone else should encounter a similar situation, I'll explain here as well. But first it is rare someone will ask for such a high number in the first phase. When it does happen, I switch and do Phase #2, which is easily done with a huge number. Then after completing this phase, I will go back and do Phase #1. If you are familiar with the H.G. Effect this will make perfect sense. I have to say I am thrilled to see so many people presenting it lately. With more than 5000 downloads I am flabergasted! -shawn
Yes, my dad was the one that asked you on facebook. Thanks a lot!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results