How many magicians have gotten into acting in addition to magic shows?

Jul 13, 2014
Artistry. Doing more than just getting off on a trendy "edgy"'style and a very good tv crew. The example I like to use is dan sperry. I'm not a big fan of his style but he is actually skilled both technically, and otherwise, he understands presentational subtleties.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Again - Criss Angel held an Off Broadway show for something like 660 performances, before he ever got on TV. He currently performs a Vegas stage show. He actually is skilled in sleight of hand, but his main focus is Grand Illusion.

Look - I don't like Angel as a person either, and I also don't like his performances. But trying to say he's not a magician is just petty. He is a magician, he is skilled, he's just also a jerk by most accounts. Those things are not mutually exclusive.

Jul 13, 2014
Never said they were. Perhaps there's more intent and subtlety to his performances than I give him credit for. However I have yet to see any evidence of this.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Never said they were. Perhaps there's more intent and subtlety to his performances than I give him credit for. However I have yet to see any evidence of this.
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I'm following your argument. What exactly are you saying?

Also, maybe it would be better if we started a new thread instead of blowing this guy's feed up with a tangent conversation (if you make one, @ me!).

Reactions: CWhite

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
As far as the comment about magicians not performing the same stuff. I exaggerated a little. I don't know if it would ever be possible. And, there's a ton of stuff that I perform that others have created. I do think it would be interesting to see what would happen if everyone's acts were completely different. Magic would probably look completely different.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results