Deck Switch aid (Bulldog clip or similar)

Oct 19, 2017
Hello. I have recently started to perform a colour changing deck routine which requires a full deck switch at the end to the kicker using a rainbow deck. It's similar to a Mark James routine and has been getting great reactions.

That said I want to improve the deck switch at the end. Currently I am simply using the misdirection of the final revelation (and the reactions to it) to switch decks in my left trouser pocket... but this is not without problems. It's not as clean as I would like it to be and can be tricky to pull off cleanly, especially with warm hands in walk around scenarios.

I've experimented with a bulldog / pullback clip (attached to my belt) holding the un-boxed deck in place. This means I can drop one deck in my pocket and and retrieve the other from the clip. It's a two second change and works well. It also frees up pocket space.... BUT IT'S NOISY!! The sound of metal striking metal under tension is not ideal.

Before I reach for the glue and felt to fashion something up, is anyone aware of something similar being commercially available? Has anyone done something similar?

*I am aware of devices like Cold Case etc, but know they won;t work for this routine.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
So something like Fracture won't work? Daniel Madison is giving it away for free on his YouTube check the description.

You could also try Roberto Giobii' s the art of deck switching book.

You can buy Michael O'Brien's Switcheroo deck Holdout (which is the one I think you are looking for). There's a 5 dollar diy version here on the market place and on his website, as well as a 20 dollar leather one.

Honestly though, there is nothing wrong with a normal 2 handed deck switch. If you are doing it right, you shouldn't have any problem.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results