My pass sucks

Oct 3, 2017
Right, I need some good tips on my pass. I can ALWAYS get away with a pass when performing. ALWAYS. I usually combine the pass with some misdirection. Anyway, my pass isn't great. Can I get some helpful tips on the pass or maybe even some good resources on the pass. Thank ya.

Fox13

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2014
Jason England's 1on1 on the Pass, and Expert at the Card Table - "Two Handed Shift".

I second that. Jason's tutorial is a great source and he also gives some reading reference where you can find additional information for refinement.

Aug 15, 2017
Right, I need some good tips on my pass. I can ALWAYS get away with a pass when performing. ALWAYS. I usually combine the pass with some misdirection. Anyway, my pass isn't great. Can I get some helpful tips on the pass or maybe even some good resources on the pass. Thank ya.
Country?

Aug 28, 2017
i haven't bought it personally but i am going to buy it. i heard that xavior spades pass video is very helpful.

Feb 18, 2015
Your hands seem to tense up right before the move. Relax!
Jason England 1 on 1 is nice, as well as Jonathan Kamm's tutorial
Move your fingers that "pass" less. The less movement, the less suspicion and more invisibility.
Do it on the offbeat for a control.
As a color change, you will have to get it almost perfect. I would suggest doing a riffle or dribble pass as a control, but the Brick Pass is really good for invisibility and visuals. Look into the Butterfly pass when you get more advanced. Remember, only learn these add-ons/covers if you are a little more proficient with the pass.
It also looks like your trying to do the pass FAST. Don't. A fast pass will come with practice, so work on making the pass elegant and smooth.

Reactions: RealityOne
Oct 3, 2017
T
Your hands seem to tense up right before the move. Relax!
Jason England 1 on 1 is nice, as well as Jonathan Kamm's tutorial
Move your fingers that "pass" less. The less movement, the less suspicion and more invisibility.
Do it on the offbeat for a control.
As a color change, you will have to get it almost perfect. I would suggest doing a riffle or dribble pass as a control, but the Brick Pass is really good for invisibility and visuals. Look into the Butterfly pass when you get more advanced. Remember, only learn these add-ons/covers if you are a little more proficient with the pass.
It also looks like your trying to do the pass FAST. Don't. A fast pass will come with practice, so work on making the pass elegant and smooth.
Thank you very much. I have drastically reduced the tension in my hands from what it used to be. I will for sure buy jason England's 1 on 1. I have a question on the pass though. I curl my index finger under the deck to avoid it flailing out. Is this a good idea?

Feb 6, 2017
Check out Xavior Spade's Pass Project! It's killer and he teaches a super smooth handling of the classic and cover passes. It's not too pricey ($20 if i remember correctly) and it's the best pass out there IMO.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
First off, don't make a move out of it. It isn't EVER going to be performed that way. The only way to learn the pass is to perform it. You don't need an invisible one (because in the real world, you will never have an invisible pass), you just need to work on your misdirection. The pass is never going to be done while someone is watching your hands.

Next, relax a bit. Your hands are too tense.

Film it at a real angle, not an angle from directly above.

You don't need to go fast. Making it go fast is just going to make it look jerky.

Make your motions more natural. It shouldn't be an instant slapping on to the deck, but more like a casual hold on it as you would go and square up the deck.

Take the deck out of the frame when you do it. So if the card is put into the deck at chest level, make eye contact and talk as you drop your hands to your sides, bring the deck up eventually, do the move, drop it again.

And as these guys have said, check out Jason England's Session on the Pass, as well as the work in The Expert at the Card Table, the Royal Road, et al.

Fox13

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2014
No. Left index finger should be in front of the front short side of the deck. Right index finger can be curled on top of the deck.

Actually, Jason England curls his left index finger under the deck. In Derek Dingle's complete work, it is indicated that this curl is required to achieve speed. However, Vernon writes in Revelations of a pass with the index finger at the front edge of the deck, this finger not contributing in transposing the packets.

Jason's teaching you have to find what works for you. I guess there is no absolute answer on this topic, maybe except that it should feel natural and go unnoticed.

Aug 15, 2017
No. Left index finger should be in front of the front short side of the deck. Right index finger can be curled on top of the deck.
Hmm... a pass is really a personal move.
So as long as he feels comfortable with what he is doing, it looks natural and goes unnoticed, I guess whatever he does with his hands is okay!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results