Opinions on Zodiac or Double Cross

Nov 8, 2017
I am getting ready to treat myself to an early holiday gift and I am struggling to choose between these two effects. I hear Zodiac is an absolutely mind blowing effect and I really, really want to pick up a copy, but most of my current performances consist of me wandering into a bar and approaching people in an impromptu fashion.

I have also wanted to own Double Cross for some time because it seems fast, clean and mind blowing. Anytime I can pull a spectator further into an effect is a win for me. It also seems more plausible that I would have a Sharpie in a bar rather than a stack of books.

I probably answered my own question here but I would nonetheless enjoy feedback from the theory11 community about these two products and which would be a better fit for a guy who primarily approaches random people in a public space.

My primary concerns are:

1. Ease of learning (I am still a novice)
2. Angle sensitivity
3. Crowd management (as soon as I do something more people invariably crowd around)
4. Reset time

Thank you for your advice and opinions in advance.

Adrian Honcharov

Elite Member
Jan 1, 2012
If you are mentalist, Zodiac will be better for you. If you are more of impromptu guy, then DC will be much better. It is visual, its fast, its mind blowing. And even if you are working magician, DC in my opinion is better then Zodiac.

CharlesS6

Elite Member
Aug 29, 2016
I second on Double Cross. For bar/impromptu magic it's a phenomenal trick that no one sees coming. Some of the best reactions I have gotten are from this trick. Also, its more than paid for itself on the number of free drinks I've gotten while performing it in bars, haha.

Reactions: PeterGray
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results