Loops Longevity?

Dec 11, 2016
Hey guys, I've recently ordered my first pack of loops online and currently waiting for it to be shipped to me.

I ordered it because I know that there is a haunted deck routine that uses this prop, also I can freak people out by levitating a piece of tissue between my hands

Anyway, that got me thinking, how long can a piece of loop last?
I've never handled it before and I'm not sure how to use it properly

Any and all help received are appreciated

Dec 30, 2014
You will probably break one or two within a couple of days as you are getting used to them but they can last weeks (depending on how often you perform) if proper care is taken with them. You'll soon know much they can stretch and what weight they can take. I reckon it's definitely worth it to eventually buy your own elastic thread and make your own. I still haven't done that yet though :)

Dec 11, 2016
You will probably break one or two within a couple of days as you are getting used to them but they can last weeks (depending on how often you perform) if proper care is taken with them. You'll soon know much they can stretch and what weight they can take. I reckon it's definitely worth it to eventually buy your own elastic thread and make your own. I still haven't done that yet though :)

Reactions: Toby Langdon
Dec 11, 2016
update : loops have arrived, broken 3 so far practicing haunted deck and have 7 left

I thought they'd be stronger? it snapped as soon as I try to pull the deck apart?

i'm too scared to use any more because those things cost me 20 something and i'm broke as heck

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
I don’t perform the hunted deck at all, because it makes me so nervous about the loop it self and about if the trick will be ruined.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t perform it, keep trying if you really like it,

A tip a hear a lot: try putting less cards on the top.

but my point is that you can still perform miracles with loops,
I definitely recommend (invisible touch or PK touch) or whatever people call it, it’s such a powerful experience for the audience, And of course levitation and moving objects never gets old.

You are waaay are less likely to break your loops performing these effects.

Oct 19, 2015
Some told me when I started using loops, to carefully stretch them when you first take them off the card. Doing this seems to help keep from breaking them so easily...

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Your experience sounds right. I would have guessed three in the first hour. What @Timewise said is correct. Gently stretch them before using. Also, move more slowly with the haunted deck.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results