Foundations or Foundations 2?

Nov 8, 2017
I have enough to get one but not both. Reading the descriptions it seems like Foundations is more geared toward gambling demonstrations and Foundations 2 may have more utility for magic, or am I wrong? I am working through Card College and looking for an adjunct video series to help up my sleight of hand skills.

Thank you.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
I have enough to get one but not both. Reading the descriptions it seems like Foundations is more geared toward gambling demonstrations and Foundations 2 may have more utility for magic, or am I wrong? I am working through Card College and looking for an adjunct video series to help up my sleight of hand skills.

Thank you.
Get the one with the material you find the most interesting. Don't worry about getting them 'in order'. The first one does have a lot of deals in it, so you are probably better off with the second or third one. Or just buy 5 segments individually. If you don't think you'll need to learn all of those deals (maybe you just learn one of the seconds) then you won't be missing out in the long run and in the short run you get more of what you want. And you can pick up more one at a time instead of saving up. Depending on your skill level I'd start as below. Not in exact order, but the later ones are more advanced in some ways. Though for example it's hard to figure out where to put Top Card Cover Pass. Mostly just stick to Card College and get whatever videos interest you.

Or maybe you don't need a video to teach you the more basic stuff and are better off starting at the end of the list, just get what looks like fun.

Double Lift, False Overhand Shuffle, Palming Fundamentals, Push Through False Shuffle,
Classic Pass, Pinky Count, Zarrow Shuffle, The Top Card Cover Pass, Tabled Faro Shuffle, Diagonal Palm Shift.

The others are good too.

Reactions: PeterGray
Nov 8, 2017
Thanks for the information, I had no idea these techniques were available separately. I have picked up four to work on.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results