obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
The first ACR I ever learned was the one from "Easy to Perform Card Miracles" Vol. 2 by Michael Ammar. It lived in my repertoire for years until I came up with "Ambitious Ink." One thing I have learned over the years is that you can only make a card come up to the top so many times before it becomes boring. Try to keep it between 3-5 phases at most.

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
The first ACR I ever learned was the one from "Easy to Perform Card Miracles" Vol. 2 by Michael Ammar. It lived in my repertoire for years until I came up with "Ambitious Ink." One thing I have learned over the years is that you can only make a card come up to the top so many times before it becomes boring. Try to keep it between 3-5 phases at most.
Easy enough

Oct 26, 2017
Hiya! As weird as it is, I've never really done an ACR as I felt like it was too overused. That is until recently when I tested one out on someone using a few basic sleights I already knew. He freaked out and now I've started trying to expand the trick with more controls and whatnot.

This is my very short routine so far:

-Marlo tilt then DL
-top card gets put in center by spectator and jumps to the top
-card to mouth
-crimped card visually jumps to top

I recently bought an omni deck but I'm not sure how to really do the "switch" at the end of the trick. I've thought about having a second person pick a card and then while they look at it, I do the switch and then proceed to find both of their cards and make the deck "disappear"

Also, I know the trick is much cooler with a signed card/mercury fold reveal, but I prefer not to destroy my cards until the deck gets really old. So I don't have them sign the card and I don't do reveals like having it folded up in my pocket or shoe very often. I've thought about using those small colored dot stickers you see for yard sale pricing and having someone initial that but I feel like it's not as effective as a signed card.

Anyway, my main question was what sort of "jumps" and unique controls could I do to bring it to the top? I keep repeating unique because I like that each jump is different in it's own way. I also have Lee Asher's losing control booklet which I could put at the beginning once I get my reverse spread down. I don't do the pass because I personally don't think it's worth learning. I don't see any real reason to control a card to the top by moving half the deck
Hiya! As weird as it is, I've never really done an ACR as I felt like it was too overused. That is until recently when I tested one out on someone using a few basic sleights I already knew. He freaked out and now I've started trying to expand the trick with more controls and whatnot.

This is my very short routine so far:

-Marlo tilt then DL
-top card gets put in center by spectator and jumps to the top
-card to mouth
-crimped card visually jumps to top

I recently bought an omni deck but I'm not sure how to really do the "switch" at the end of the trick. I've thought about having a second person pick a card and then while they look at it, I do the switch and then proceed to find both of their cards and make the deck "disappear"

Also, I know the trick is much cooler with a signed card/mercury fold reveal, but I prefer not to destroy my cards until the deck gets really old. So I don't have them sign the card and I don't do reveals like having it folded up in my pocket or shoe very often. I've thought about using those small colored dot stickers you see for yard sale pricing and having someone initial that but I feel like it's not as effective as a signed card.

Anyway, my main question was what sort of "jumps" and unique controls could I do to bring it to the top? I keep repeating unique because I like that each jump is different in it's own way. I also have Lee Asher's losing control booklet which I could put at the beginning once I get my reverse spread down. I don't do the pass because I personally don't think it's worth learning. I don't see any real reason to control a card to the top by moving half the deck. Any ideas?
Diffuse by Lloyd Barnes is a strong ending to ACR you should check it out .

Jul 28, 2017
Just got my deck switching stuff and practice in now and that can be pretty fun for ACR. Forced 3 of clubs Card to top, card lost in middle upside down but it as it turns over the card is changed and their card is back at the top the right way round, then their card splits into a 1 and a 2 and they are both placed into the deck and lost. Then I take the deck up and do a switch thanks to a nice gimmick and the deck of cards looks the same but now their cards are the only blue backed cards. I am now working on the DPS to have the now blue backed ace and 2 of clubs lost in the deck and palmed off and reveal their card as the 3 of clubs and is now blue. Its a WIP. I have most of it down but the DPS is hard and doesn't like that natural :p

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results