Saturday Night Contest - Holiday Magic 2017!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having an excellent weekend thus far. With the launch of our Holiday Contest earlier in the month, we are getting into the spirit of the holidays each and every day. One of my favorite things about the holiday season is all of the decorations and festivities. What better way to get into the holiday spirit than doing some magic?

For this week's contest, we wanted to celebrate the holiday season. The challenge is to perform ANY magic effect using holiday-related items. Ornaments, Candles, Light Bulbs, Candy Canes, Ribbons, Christmas Trees, Tree Branches, Mistletoe, and anything of the sort.

It can be ANY type of magic effect, as long as it uses a Holiday-related item. You could perform a broken and restored candy cane, color changing Christmas tree lights, vanishing Christmas Tree, or maybe even levitating mistletoe! Your effect does NOT have to be totally new and original, but the more original and creative, the better. Try to put your own spin on it. Maybe you could adapt a holiday theme to an otherwise normal magic effect. We also want new videos submitted, so any old video will not be judged and will automatically be disqualified.

Create, film, and upload your effect to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, December 17th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through each submission and decide on a winner.

What can you take home this week? 1,000 Elite Points, 3 Decks of Red Monarchs, 3 Decks of Green Monarchs, a deck of ultra-rare GOLD MONARCHS, and 7 spins on the Holiday Wheel!

Good luck, and Happy Holidays!

Jebzy

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
Latvia
This was a fun contest! I knew that I can't create super original trick, that's why I did something else.
I had never done any paper hat tear magic tricks, but I thouht this is the real day. I know that it is not good to learn a trick and perform it right away, but this contest is only one day, so I had no choise. :D
I put on my best Santa Claus costume and went to perform.
This is my entry:

Good Luck to everyone!

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Best of luck to all who entered. I couldn't this weekend as I took my New Jersey State Firefighter I practical test (of which I passed!) all day and night Saturday. Here's to the winner, and next week's contest!
Congrats on passing! I have a friend who completed his training and he told me how intense the tests were. Congrats again!

Reactions: FirstFlourish

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Alright guys, time for results! Some great quality magic being showcased this week. Santa hats' off to everyone for taking on the challenge! We felt that there was one effect that had the edge due to the creativity factor and execution. All of it was spot on, and very visual and stunning. Congrats to AbdullahMagic for taking home this week's prize! Please contact our support team with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP.

We would also like to extend a few honorable mentions to KaanAkdogan, Jebzy, and DominusDolorum for their fantastic top-notch entries. We really enjoyed seeing all the different types of effects being showcased this week, and you guys made this one close. Great work!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results