What Do You Carry?

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
I agree impromptu magic is a GREAT way to go and everyone should know some. Regardless, if we are talking about just everyday stuff that don't require the forethought of "Just in case" mine is a deck of cards, and thumbtip. As for Non-magic, but can be used for such, items - pen (For writing down ideas), lighter (I don't smoke), and my cell phone (For that every so often amusement)

Sep 1, 2007
I carry a loop on each wrist, a couple decks of cards, one with Osterland's stack, one regular. I also carry a sharpie and I always wear my PK ring. I can pretty much accomplish any miracle I want to with these objects.

Sep 1, 2007
I carry certain things when I'm in the mood for them:

Superman (Coin Bender)

(always) Ghost Deck

Coin Master (isn't very famous, but still an excellent coin vanishing gimmick)

Sharpie

(Just ordered it, can't wait!) Distortion

Wiregrams

(when I'm walking around indoors) HoverCard

I have a few more things that I use less with walk around magic.

-Brundo

Aug 31, 2007
www.myspace.com
Unless I'm actually PLANNING on doing a show or some tricks for someone, this is what I always bring:

~Blue master's deck.

~Cell phone.

~Ipod.

~Wallet.

~Sharpie.

:p

-Gears-

Sep 2, 2007
I just carry several decks of cards, one in each pocket, so switching between them is simultaneous. When I carry my red bicycle deck, I bring a svengali, and a stripper deck with me. Other times with my blue bicycle deck, I bring a invisible, and gaff deck with me. A deck shell, sometimes, helps too. Also bringing some clothes helps control and keep the audience calm. :D

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
1.Deck of Cards

2.My business card holder which contains 20 or so business cards, WOW, Entourage, 2 card Monte gaffs, and business cards of people I might need to contact that week (and keep in mind that the thickness of the business card holder doesn't exceed the thickness of a deck of cards even with all of that in there).

3. Cell phone

4. Pen

5. Cash

With the above I can go anywhere and always be ready to land a gig, get food, and contact anyone who needs contacting.

~Magically Dave

Do all of you honestly carry this with you at all times, or are you using this thread to show off your collection?

I don't carry ANYTHING with me unless I plan to perform.

If there's a chance I might introduce magic, which is more often than not, I'll maybe take along a card wallet with a packet trick, like Strange Traveler, or Twisted Sisters. I'll bring along a regular deck, maybe set up for an ace production, or for Revolver. I might bring along an extra deck, like ID or Fadeout, or a 3 card monte set up. I can borrow bills and coins for the rest.

Real shows are a different story.

PS: I almost forgot Pen through dollar, and puncture.

Aug 31, 2007
depends, if im wearing jeans

front left pckt- deck/invisible deck. fraud dollar (normaly i wouldnt say that but som1 already did and theres no mods on this site so it doesnt matter ne more)

front right pckt- cell phone, specialy folded dollar bill for a non bill switch trick( some of you who shop at E no what im talking about) sharpie

back right- Wallet, with silver dollars in it. at least 5 or 6 cards from a one way forcing deck that can be destroyed.

back left- post it notes/buisness cards

wrists- loops

shoes- sts

if shorts with like alot of pockets

front bottom left, trace unseen deck, invisible deck, blank out deck,

front bottom right- black tiger deck (for loop tricks) masters deck, folded dollar bill for non bill switch trick, possibly a pre aranged deck for a trick that requiers it, wiregram

front top right, cell phone sharpie

front top left, iPod/fraud dollars

back right, wallet

wrists, loops

shoes, animated shoelaces

Sep 1, 2007
wallet
deck of cards
sharpie
a gimmick of my moving pips my version
personal card ( in wallet)
iphone
somtimes i carry publix bags just incase it rains i put them around my sexy jordans sounds wierd but it protects the j's

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Do all of you honestly carry this with you at all times, or are you using this thread to show off your collection?

I don't carry ANYTHING with me unless I plan to perform.

If there's a chance I might introduce magic, which is more often than not, I'll maybe take along a card wallet with a packet trick, like Strange Traveler, or Twisted Sisters. I'll bring along a regular deck, maybe set up for an ace production, or for Revolver. I might bring along an extra deck, like ID or Fadeout, or a 3 card monte set up. I can borrow bills and coins for the rest.

Real shows are a different story.

PS: I almost forgot Pen through dollar, and puncture.

If i'm at home then no. i ust carry a pack of cards.

But usually i carry alll that stuff.

Always ready

Sep 1, 2007
Savannah, GA
A loop
deck of cards w/ one duplicate
black sharpie
try to keep some spare change on me...SOMETIMES with a prepared quarter amongst it so I can do The Closer

That's about it on most days. Occasionally if I know I'll be around people who may be interested in seeing something I'll add a thing or two to the list, but in general, that's about it...and when I say I "carry" a deck of cards, I actually keep'em in my car. If it's 100% spur of the moment without time to go get'em, I stick with coin routines for the most part.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results