Pass Troubles

Dec 17, 2017
cardiff
Can someone please give me tips and tricks for classic pass and how to hide it well i cant seem to grasp it practicing 2 weeks now :( please help

Oct 23, 2014
2 weeks is not a long time to practice. I wouldn't get discouraged yet. Also, you will never be able to "hide" the pass completely. Dai Vernon famously said that no one has ever invented an "invisible" pass. Misdirection is always involved.

I don't have it, but you can't go wrong with Jason England's video on the classic pass.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
1. https://store.theory11.com/products/classic-pass-jason-england

2. Make eye contact.

3. Do it on an off-beat moment. Classic Pass isn't necessarily meant to be burned directly. It's a move that is its best on the off-beat.

4. Along with 2 and 3, do not make a big deal out of doing the move. Don't bring attention to your hands while you do it, don't make a jerky or fast action to try and cover the smaller one. Just hold it naturally and minimize the amount of tension on the cards as much as you can.

Hope this helps!

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
Two weeks isn't really a long time especially for the classic pass so don't get discouraged, there is a steep learning curve for some moves. I wasn't able to do some moves well despite weeks of practice but after a few months of practicing in front of a camera they got much better. Can you list where you have learned your current pass from? What books or tutorials you have used I mean. Otherwise its kind of a shot in the dark of what advice to give you. Like the following...

If you don't mind shelling out some money Xavior Spade has a classic pass tutorial on his site LostArtMagic and his pass is pretty good. And of course a book most people refer to to get a foothold on this stuff is Expert Card Technique by Jean Hugard. Otherwise you can try to youtube it....but no guarantee there you will get any good tutorials there it's a mixed bag. Other than those resources I would say film yourself if you can, slow down your moves (during the filming, not watch in slow mo) so you can see what you need to do and build muscle memory and learn your angles better. Its better to do it several times correctly than many times poorly.

Jul 15, 2017
To go along with what everyone says, I know the first couple of times I performed the pass, I was like, "There is no way, they didn't notice that." but they didn't. Remember for moves like this, don't think like a magician, the audience for the most part should be in your control, looking where you want them to look. They don't know when you are going to do the pass, so use that to your advantage.

Dec 17, 2017
cardiff
2 weeks is not a long time to practice. I wouldn't get discouraged yet. Also, you will never be able to "hide" the pass completely. Dai Vernon famously said that no one has ever invented an "invisible" pass. Misdirection is always involved.

I don't have it, but you can't go wrong with Jason England's video on the classic pass.
thank u :)

Nov 4, 2017
I second Xavior Spade’s Pass. Well worth the $15. Has some really good tips. Keep at it! You will break through and see a big improvement after about a month. Then very small improvements over a long period of time. At least that was my experience.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle

This

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results