Perfect Square vs Cubed

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
Hmmmm

These look identical in all aspects - can anyone shed light on the differences at all?

Also, Cubed IS significantly cheaper

FrancoPascali

Team member
Oct 12, 2016
The gimmick is unique to this product . I’m not sure what this trick “cubed” is or where it comes from but if it is the same gimmick it would be a counterfeit.

Reactions: RickU

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
The gimmick is unique to this product . I’m not sure what this trick “cubed” is or where it comes from but if it is the same gimmick it would be a counterfeit.
Sorry Franco

I meant Cube (and recently Cube 3) by Steven Brundage.

This (Cube) was the effect he used on TV and Perfect Square looks identical to this.

Cube has been around quite a while now

FrancoPascali

Team member
Oct 12, 2016
Not at all the same effect or gimmick . In fact I would recommend perfect square to anyone who has cube 3 already .

Reactions: RickU
Hi Franco,

I do my entire routine with speed cubes (Shengshou Aurora with 'neon' stickers). My routine is a combination of stuff from Cube 3 and Cube FX (a parlour matching routine), but I also do a proper speed solve as part of the performance.

I've been looking to get Perfect Square or something similar (You guys are selling this at a great price btw). Just wanted to know if the gimmick does work with other brands of normal speed cubes (like the Aurora). On the pics, the cubes Theory11 sells look 'tiled' instead of stickered. Are these cubes fine for normal speed solving?

FrancoPascali

Team member
Oct 12, 2016
Unfortunately only specific cubes work . That doesn’t mean that you cannot find proper speed cubes that work but I cannnot be certain that your specific ones will work as well as the ones we provide .

Aug 8, 2017
Ohio
The only reason I asked is because I had seen reviews on other sites claiming that the effect is actually far from easy, requires serious sleight of hand, and so on. I'm not trying to call anyone out or anything. I just, naturally, want to be 100% sure I'm not going to have to jump through a ton of hoops. T11 has never let me down, and if it's true that I can perform at least some version of the effect in the trailer (matching cubes and quick solving behind the back) with some ease and practice, this will go straight on the holiday wishlist.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
far from easy, requires serious sleight of hand, and so on.

Lets say this - the trickey here is very bold. That said, it is not hard at all. There is no crazy cube solving that required memorization or anything like that. The trick does the work for you. There is a small amount of sleight of hand, but it is simple and well motivated.

// L

Aug 8, 2017
Ohio
I think after watching it a few more times, I'm seeing just how bold it really is. With that in mind, one more question comes to mind: does one need to purchase/possess their own normal Cubes for this effect?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I think after watching it a few more times, I'm seeing just how bold it really is. With that in mind, one more question comes to mind: does one need to purchase/possess their own normal Cubes for this effect?
Nope! We include two cubes with purchase that work perfectly for this routine.

Aug 8, 2017
Ohio
Sounds like you guys really covered all bases here. Can't go wrong with Franco doing the teaching either. Will definitely get this for myself as a Christmas gift.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results