Indecent : Need critics!

Hey, it was ALRIGHT, nothing great but it was alright. The sleights were rather well executed.

Where's the patter! Liven your performance up a bit with some patter. It will gather more interest from the people watching.

Your whole performance was about 1 minute and 25 seconds, and your reveal of the card in the bag was 10 seconds. It made me feel a little ripped off for watching the video. Draw out the ending a little more to receive the best reactions possible.

The camera angle was horrible, I couldn't tell if there was a plastic bag on the table or just a piece of paper. Either get a tripod or mount it on something. I didn't know what I was looking at.

Mitchell

Dec 7, 2007
Hey man,

The only thing I can tell ya is to try and film your videos from a different angle. Iether put your camera on a tripod or have a friend hold it. It was sort of difficult to see what was going on and some of the subtleties were lost. Other than that the trick looked really good. Keep it up:D

Sep 8, 2007
www.youtube.com
It was pretty good. The sleights you have down pretty well it seems. The only thing is you need a better angle with your camera. It's kind of hard to tell with that first sleight according to that angle. Now you need to work on your patter and showmanship. Practice on a friend or a loved one and if they don't figure it out, you've got the sleights. I'm not sure how good your patter is, so just keep at it! It's pretty good.

Nov 24, 2007
Hermosillo Sonora
Lol XD
yep, the angles of the camera sucks XD
Sorry for the sounds, it might had been bored...
But thank you for watching :D
And yep, i have done it for people, they don´t figure it out. :D
I just wanted to be criticed by magicians
Have a nice day:D

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Like others have said, the angle of the camera was absolutely horrible. Try putting it above, so you have a better idea of what's going on.

Second, use some spectators! And if you can't do that, at least throw in some patter! The performance was extremely dry and boring... there was nothing to entertain me... nothing to hold me in and make me want to keep watching.

For the most part, everything else was fine. Although I think the Bluff Pass was very porrly executed. Watch how Wayne performs it in the video, he acts as if he is really taking off half of the deck, and handles it so. You, it appears as if you aren't confident enough in your Bluff Pass, and it appeared as if you slapped the deck... at first I didn't know what going on.

If you're just naturally not good at doing the Bluff Pass slowly, use your imagination a little! When I first learned this effect, I didn't like the Bluff Pass, so I used my own way of controlling the card that better suited my needs and it utilized a skill I already had. Don't be afraid to change it up a little... make the effect your own!

And one thing that I almost forgot to mention was the selection of the card. It looked very awkward as you fumbled around with the deck while you extracted the card. Work on that!

The last thing I will critique you on is the reveal. It happened way, way too quickly. You need to pull the bag out form under the deck a tad bit slower, and really build up the suspense for your audience. And when you take it out, let it hang there for a minute, to let the audience wonder, "Could it possibly be my card?" Then, slowly open up the bag and remove the card. The way you performed it, it happened way too quickly, and you didn't give the audience to think about what was happening.

Also, and this is the 3rd time I've said this... in the past 5 hours... the effect is only giving you 10% of your reactions. The other 90% is your performance of said effect. The performance in this video was really lacking, and I got bored quickly. I know, you just wanted to critique you on your actual handling of the effect, but you need to make us want to critique you... make it entertaining for us!

So next time I see a video from you, I want to see some presentation, and a better camera angle to see it from!

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
without reading the posts above..

the angles SUCKED.. please try to get another angle..

Ur bluff pass I think its called, or the replacement SUCKKK too.. it should look natural ur hand must look natural, it is too stiff, too unnatural.. practice that

removing the card wastnt 5/5 but wasnt 1/5 it was like 4/5 can get I little bit smoother, but its not bad

my suggests.. practice the replacing the card in the deck, move your camera.. practice a little more taking the card out of the bag ;)

Sep 1, 2007
From a technical standpoint, everything was sound and well executed. Add some patter and you have a winner. A better camera angle would have been fantastic, as it was very hard to tell what was going on. Keep on keepin' on!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results