Teaching People Magic?

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
that's what I wanted to say...I teach a VARIATION which is considerably BETTER than the age-old thumb pull off.
Because I would have taught the keycard stuff...but everytime I try to do even a simple card trick some hecklers are like 'Oh, they just see the card before yours'...so I teach something which they dunno, but like more.
Usually hecklers are wrong. Just do a "heckle proof trick" with either a surprise ending or a trick involving very few sleights to "catch"

Reactions: Lord Magic
Apr 12, 2014
that's what I wanted to say...I teach a VARIATION which is considerably BETTER than the age-old thumb pull off.
Because I would have taught the keycard stuff...but everytime I try to do even a simple card trick some hecklers are like 'Oh, they just see the card before yours'...so I teach something which they dunno, but like more.

After teaching, I do a bunch of crazier tricks that, they would know, have nothing to do with key cards, and I say that those are more advanced secrets that they can find online or pay to learn.

Oh, and when I start doing the thumb pull-off, it gets REALLY out of hand (no pun intended, really, I just noticed this, believe me!), because then I can't control myself and I launch into a battery of tricks that I learned from watching these guys way too much:

......yeah, so.........take that, hecklers!

Reactions: Lord Magic

Biz

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Romania
bizandfriends.com
I have read the first post and jumped to make a reply, so I do not know if there have been other people who have pointed out the same things I am going to point.

Effects with objects they have on them or they interact with during their day to day lives. I ask them what is it they come in contact with most often. If they work at a bar I show them the bending straw, if they work at a restaurant as a waiter I will show them some trick with the coffee cup or napkin, something simple like the levitating cup between the hands (where you hold the cup with the thumbs) or vanishing the cup with the napkin (lapping it), or if they work in a office then I will show them how to vanish an object from the table (they place their hand on top of the object, pull it off the table, object drops in your hand, vanish) and make it appear; you get the point.

I know how fast people get distracted and can end up forgetting information, so I make it an effort to write the short description of the explanation, or make them take a note on their phone.

dis my 3 cents

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Aug 15, 2017
I have read the first post and jumped to make a reply, so I do not know if there have been other people who have pointed out the same things I am going to point.

Effects with objects they have on them or they interact with during their day to day lives. I ask them what is it they come in contact with most often. If they work at a bar I show them the bending straw, if they work at a restaurant as a waiter I will show them some trick with the coffee cup or napkin, something simple like the levitating cup between the hands (where you hold the cup with the thumbs) or vanishing the cup with the napkin (lapping it), or if they work in a office then I will show them how to vanish an object from the table (they place their hand on top of the object, pull it off the table, object drops in your hand, vanish) and make it appear; you get the point.

I know how fast people get distracted and can end up forgetting information, so I make it an effort to write the short description of the explanation, or make them take a note on their phone.

dis my 3 cents
Ooh brother! I ALWAYS do that, don't worry, you are not alone (abt the stuff where u read the question and jump to reply).
And a little later when I start reading the previous more intelligent and amazing replies, I discover I can no longer edit or delete my reply.
Welcome to the boat.
:)

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results