Reading people

Apr 26, 2013
Hi all,
I've been doing magic a little over 15 years, and mentalism for about 10. I'm looking for any resources on reading people based on thier appearance, clothing, physic, cleanliness etc. I'm fairly comfortable with body language and facial expressions. I'm a federal agent and served on an interrogation unit. I really liked Richard Tenace's book S.H.A.R.E. Is there anything else like that?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The Facial Action Coding System is the "real deal" science of reading microexpressions. Paul Eckman's research. You can actually get the program, too, but I'm not sure where.

Ben Cardall has a book called The Monographs which details his methods of reading people. He's built his whole career around that (and now fitness, apparently)

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
Look into poker resources regarding tells and reading players. There’s some good sources re micro manners and the psychology behind it.

Caros Book of Tells as well as Verbal Poker Tells might help

Reactions: WilliamW

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
And Joe Navaarro's work. One is on poker, I think he did another one that was not poker centric. His background is similar to yours so there may not be too much new there for you. You'll have to decide for yourself.

Reactions: WilliamW
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results