Routine opener and ending / need help with a magic trick

Jun 29, 2017
Hi, I’m and intermediate magician and i want to build a new routine but im having trouble with the opener and the end to finish my routine, and i was looking for a trick that can help me find out someones passcode for there phone I found one trick that uses a calculator app but is there anything else ??

Jun 29, 2017
Hi, I’m and intermediate magician and i want to build a new routine but im having trouble with the opener and the end to finish my routine, and i was looking for a trick that can help me find out someones passcode for there phone I found one trick that uses a calculator app but is there anything else ??
I’m an intermediate magician

Jun 29, 2017
iUnlockYourMind was really neat before it became outdated. But there are tons of methods to get someone's passcode. All of them require them to type it in/write it down beforehand.
I thought that was i needed to get the passcode but what is the best way or app to do it?

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
You might want to look into Cipher. It allows you to attain multpile pieces of information in the course of a prediction effect. It is available through Ellusionist at a very reasonable price.

Jun 29, 2017
You might want to look into Cipher. It allows you to attain multpile pieces of information in the course of a prediction effect. It is available through Ellusionist at a very reasonable price.
I saw it last night but i just wanted to make sure there is no better way before i buy it.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
I saw it last night but i just wanted to make sure there is no better way before i buy it.
I have nothing to compare it to so all I can tell you is that I am more than satisfied with it. It is among my favorite effects that I've purchased last year, and I bought A LOT (way more than I need).

Jun 29, 2017
I have nothing to compare it to so all I can tell you is that I am more than satisfied with it. It is among my favorite effects that I've purchased last year, and I bought A LOT (way more than I need).
We all do that sometime, what did u pay like what your favorite thing and the worst thing that you bought

Nov 13, 2016
Peter turner has a few great ideas on pin divination propless(no writing down) I think its in bigger fish 2

Dec 11, 2017
this kinda sounds like social engineering someone`s passcode....there is a book by Kevin mitnick which covers this...not sure why this is on a magic forum.

what`s next....how do we use magic to get someone`s password.....oh wait, that is THIS thread....

funny how "we have to keep everything secret"...but when it comes down to stuff that SHOULD be secret, "we" have no problem offering solutions.....

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
While this shares a lot with social engineering, the end goal is drastically different and that's important. PIN code reveals can be extremely powerful when done correctly. The thing about this, is that a PIN is something important to us that we try to keep secret, that generally isn't associated with any memories.

If you divine someone's dead relative's name, you also risk dredging up any memories with that name. Sometimes those memories are really bad - do you want your volunteer associating that feeling with you? Of course not.

You can avoid that by having them think of a famous person or whatever, but the lack of personal connection reduces the impact of the performance.

But a password, or a PIN code, those are secrets we're trained to keep safe, but won't risk eliciting negative feelings.

Peter Turner has a lot of work on this subject in his various products. Some of it is propless, some of it isn't. I've done it with muscle reading once or twice, but I haven't gotten that skill to a reliable level.

Dec 11, 2017
While this shares a lot with social engineering, the end goal is drastically different and that's important. PIN code reveals can be extremely powerful when done correctly. The thing about this, is that a PIN is something important to us that we try to keep secret, that generally isn't associated with any memories.

If you divine someone's dead relative's name, you also risk dredging up any memories with that name. Sometimes those memories are really bad - do you want your volunteer associating that feeling with you? Of course not.

You can avoid that by having them think of a famous person or whatever, but the lack of personal connection reduces the impact of the performance.

But a password, or a PIN code, those are secrets we're trained to keep safe, but won't risk eliciting negative feelings.

Peter Turner has a lot of work on this subject in his various products. Some of it is propless, some of it isn't. I've done it with muscle reading once or twice, but I haven't gotten that skill to a reliable level.

well...you do realise he IS asking how to get a pin code...YOU have no idea what he is gonna do with it...yet you give him ways how to do it just cuz he says it is "cuz of magic"....?

and yes I get it...if the big names does it, why not share ideas.......

where is the Secrecy now?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
You realize that almost every skill relating to performing magic can be used to do illegal things, right?

Are you saying we shouldn't guide people to good sources of learning magic? Because if so, I really have to wonder what you're doing on a magic forum.

Dec 11, 2017
yes, I do realise that they can be...and I assume that is why the secrecy,(because doing a back palm CAN be used to steal credit cards...ofc...)but when you first in other threads complain about reveals...then you go on to explain "ways to get Passwords"....it is kinda different than "this is how to double lift"....

not sure if you see the difference

...one is innocent...the other gives away personal information on a whole other level

the original question asked, is not a question that should be answered on a magic forum...AT ALL. a hacker forum...yes...

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
You realize that almost every skill relating to performing magic can be used to do illegal things, right?

Are you saying we shouldn't guide people to good sources of learning magic? Because if so, I really have to wonder what you're doing on a magic forum.
Many magic sleights were originally used to cheat at cards.
The cups and balls and it's variations (3 card monte, shell game, etc.) could be used to hustle/scam people out of money on the streets.
Many magicians can steal someone's watch without them noticing.
Bob Arno and Apollo Robbins can pickpocket just about anything from someone.

As @ChristopherT said, many sleights and gimmicks could be used to illegal stuff, but we wouldn't use them that way. Because we're hopefully all good people. right?

Dec 11, 2017
Many magic sleights were originally used to cheat at cards.
The cups and balls and it's variations (3 card monte, shell game, etc.) could be used to hustle/scam people out of money on the streets.
Many magicians can steal someone's watch without them noticing.
Bob Arno and Apollo Robbins can pickpocket just about anything from someone.

As @ChristopherT said, many sleights and gimmicks could be used to illegal stuff, but we wouldn't use them that way. Because we're hopefully all good people. right?

if we are all good people...why is there secrecy to begin with?

oh and...as he claim...What sleights can be used for criminality? something only magicians know...this is the reason?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
No one taught him anything. They pointed to resources he has to take the initiative to locate, purchase, and study. That's not revealing, that's guiding.

So let me get this straight. You're worried that this guy is going to capture someone's PIN using a magic trick, then steal their phone and ... do what? Are you genuinely worried about identity theft here? I really feel like you're making mountains out of mole hills here.

if we are all good people...why is there secrecy to begin with?

Because we're magicians.

I can't speak for others, but I keep secrets because I understand that using my knowledge to create an experience, has far more potential for a profound experience for the audience, than telling them my secrets.

Delgaudio said it well. Magicians don't keep secrets FROM people, they keep secrets FOR people.

Dec 11, 2017
No one taught him anything. They pointed to resources he has to take the initiative to locate, purchase, and study. That's not revealing, that's guiding.

So let me get this straight. You're worried that this guy is going to capture someone's PIN

Yes I am... because THAT IS WHAT HE ASKED FOR....HOW TO GET SOMEONES PIN...

noone taught him anything?...they just pointed him to resources he needed to learn`?...isn`t that the definition of a teacher?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results