Don't Underestimate the Invisible Deck

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Hey Guys,
I just wanted to post this because I was out at the bar last night for a friends birthday party. Of course like most of you do...I load my pockets up with my effects just waiting for someone to want to see something...ha ha.

I performed many effects flawlessly....no flashes anywhere. I was definitely "on" for sure.
The effect that made people go nuts, shout things, etc. was just the simple invisible deck routine.

We as magicians think we must have some devastating routine with knuckle busting moves and yet we don't.

Just food for thought.

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Oh yeah, the invisible deck is so easy to understand. There are endless patter possibilities. I love using the "we have a mental connection" patter.
I know I see a lot of "Impromptu invisible decks", but like why? The original is so easy but yet SO powerful there is no need for any difficult sleights. And Without difficult sleights you can focus more on presentation! It is great for beginners, but at the same time you will find one in the pocket of almost every professional.

Sep 23, 2017
I got my ID about a month ago. It is an absolute killer. Since I'm 17, I use the idea of imagination for patter, imagining what will happen in the future, and imagining what would happen if you chose a card from an imaginary deck. Plus, it gives me an opportunity to use one of my favorite jokes, but it's been super hit or miss for me so far (I told my mom," When I grow up, I want to be a magician" And she responded "Choose one, you can't do both!"

Reactions: obrienmagic
Jul 26, 2016
I will second, third, fourth and fifth what Rick, 010rusty, Dockler and Hgagnon have said about the ID. With the possible exception of Card on the Ceiling, it has consistently gotten the best reactions from spectators of any card trick over the many decades I have performed as both an amateur and professional magician. I wish I could say that I have never messed it up LOL! It still does require care, precision and smoothness, and certainly good presentation. I don't think there is truly any such thing as a "self-working" trick anymore than there is a self cleaning house.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results