Lost with the Bottom Deal

Feb 4, 2016
Last night I spent the entire evening trying to at least get started with the Bottom Deal without any success.

I watched Jason England's lesson on the Bottom Deal from Foundations 1 about a dozen times last night and I'm still lost.

Using the initial Erdnase Grip that Jason teaches, I can't figure out how to push off the bottom card.

Two things happen when I buckle and try to push out the bottom card with my third finger. Deck is in my left hand.

1. The bottom card goes to the left and the rest of the deck pushes to the right.

OR

2. The bottom card just goes back to it's original position.

Are there any other tips or references out there that can give me a better idea on how to push the bottom card off and to the right? I've looked at Foundations, Daniel Madison's bottom deal, referenced Expert at the Card Table, and even scoured YouTube without any success.

Or in the end is it just practice, practice, practice until I figure it out?

I find it is possible to bottom deal from mechanic grip. If you deal fast enough you cant really tell unless you know what to look for.
Check out my new blog if and see if anything interests you there http://www.sleightofhandzone.net
hope this helps

Jan 5, 2016
France
Hi Everyone,

I have been playing guitar for 25 years and metronome (drum machine) practice is arguably the most effective way to improve rhythmic and technical skills in the fastest and most efficient way possible. Slow practice is the key to fast playing, we must walk before we can run. When I started practicing sleights and card mechanics ; it seemed logical to me to work the same way. I do not master the bottom deal – far from it. I practice at least one hour per day with a metronome. It helps me to slow down, work through challenging moves while keeping rhythm, pace consistent and gradually increasing the speed as I become more familiar with it. Believe me or not, it helps me a lot.

Nov 10, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I have been playing guitar for 25 years and metronome (drum machine) practice is arguably the most effective way to improve rhythmic and technical skills in the fastest and most efficient way possible. Slow practice is the key to fast playing, we must walk before we can run. When I started practicing sleights and card mechanics ; it seemed logical to me to work the same way. I do not master the bottom deal – far from it. I practice at least one hour per day with a metronome. It helps me to slow down, work through challenging moves while keeping rhythm, pace consistent and gradually increasing the speed as I become more familiar with it. Believe me or not, it helps me a lot.
Heh, I nearly hit the report button because I thought it was musical spam, then I kept reading and realized it wasn't. Interesting tip though.

Mar 8, 2016
But you need to think in terms of a vegas dealer if you're thinking about that. They don't lean the cards to one side.

Mar 2, 2018
Ive been doing card stuff for little over 2 months now, and im really hooked on all the fancy sleigh of hand things you can do. Im not so much into what some call magic, but rather learning things you can actually do with palming, copping, dropping, false deals/shuffles and so on.

Since someone pointed out that one shouldnt learn the bottom deal from someone (D.M.) who doesnt know how to do it i got little confused. How does, for example Jason Englands bottom deal differ from Madisons. Ive watched some poor youtube tutorials on the subject, only to realize that what Madison teaches is superb in my eyes.

Ive been trying to learn the bottom deal with madisons mechanic DVD for two days now, and im going somewhere at least i think. I wanna be able to master all the false deals cause in my mind they open so many doors in creating unbelievable card "magic". Should i stick to learning the bottom deal like i have started or would i be ending up doing something completely wrong here?

I've also seen that penn and teller where that other one of those guys said something like "its on of the best we've seen" about his bottom deal. so that got me into daniels DVD.

About 8hours of learning i think i finally found the grip that perhaps would be the right on for me. I know this stuff takes a long time but im obsessed and addicted, and finding out about Madisons stuff didnt help the addiction :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results