Mercury

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Here is why I think u should improve.. Remove the vid please refilm it and using the suggests that I'm gonna give u:
1.- When u are doing packet tricks where u have ''4 cards'' the camera should be up so we can see the thickness of the packet.. It seemed like u had like 10 cards.. the idea is to show 4 cards and make the spect. think that there ONLY 4 cards.
2.- You can practice more the ascanio spread and do it over and over again and you'll get it much SMOOTHER..
3.- Why on earth did u move ur hands towards you and start shaking the cards :S.. it should look natural shake it there don move your hand towards u it is weird, and it doesnt SEEM NATURAL..
4.- Practice, practice practice practice..
5.- It should look like u are just showing the 4 aces turning magically them over and then shake them turning the into the kings..

I'm almost sure that u didnt practice 20 minutes.. u watch the dvd or learned the effect and film it.. because u think it looks cool, rewatch the vid before uploading, watch the mistakes, if u cant watch the mistakes, the multiple cards then upload it.. those are my two cents.. refilm it and post it;)

peace

aris

Sep 1, 2007
Like the others have said, you need to work on your handling of the Ascanio Spread. The method is pretty obvious from the bad angle, which can be easily fixed with repetitious practice. Really that's what it boils down to: practice, practice, and practice some more.

Dec 15, 2007
well dude actually i had this dvd for a few years before my hands were big enough then i watched the dvd a couple more times, practiced and shot it

Here is why I think u should improve.. Remove the vid please refilm it and using the suggests that I'm gonna give u:
1.- When u are doing packet tricks where u have ''4 cards'' the camera should be up so we can see the thickness of the packet.. It seemed like u had like 10 cards.. the idea is to show 4 cards and make the spect. think that there ONLY 4 cards.
2.- You can practice more the ascanio spread and do it over and over again and you'll get it much SMOOTHER..
3.- Why on earth did u move ur hands towards you and start shaking the cards :S.. it should look natural shake it there don move your hand towards u it is weird, and it doesnt SEEM NATURAL..
4.- Practice, practice practice practice..
5.- It should look like u are just showing the 4 aces turning magically them over and then shake them turning the into the kings..

I'm almost sure that u didnt practice 20 minutes.. u watch the dvd or learned the effect and film it.. because u think it looks cool, rewatch the vid before uploading, watch the mistakes, if u cant watch the mistakes, the multiple cards then upload it.. those are my two cents.. refilm it and post it;)

peace

aris

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
what the others said and you need to work on your patter you sound as if the trick is boring you and its repetitive add some extra lines in there. Patter is the best way to improve your reactions

ps. i agree this trick is kinda crap i can't believe E sells it

Aug 31, 2007
MERCURY!!! AHHH!!!

My opinion is that Mercury is probably, if not THE WORST Twisting the Aces effect EVER created.

Anyway, the performance was bad. Practise harder.

- harapan. magic!

Nov 14, 2007
Mexico City
Practise until yer hands ache, and then practise a tad more. There's some details, like the others have mentioned, which ye oughta work harder on. And also ye need to work a load on yer patter; ye sound as if the trick bores ye, or ye don't find it as amazing as ye thought it should be. Remmember, the best way for the spectator to believe what he sees is if ye yerself believe it's real.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
i dont like this trick at all. i think its too bloody obvious.

MERCURY!!! AHHH!!!

My opinion is that Mercury is probably, if not THE WORST Twisting the Aces effect EVER created.

Not that you guys care, but that wasn't what he asked.

Anyway, everyone's pointed out the awkward handling, so I won't harp on that. The main problem I noticed was what you were saying. All you did was flatly tell us what you were doing at every step until redundancy quickly set in. It's a mistake a lot of beginners make.

Slow yourself down a little. Don't be in a rush to do the reveals of the turnovers and just make it smooth. Use language that describes rather than tells. And avoid repeating things too much.

Oct 9, 2007
Like everyone else said, the handling could have been a lot smoother. Other than that, the patter needs work to. When you were counting you sounded like a something out of X Men. When this trick is performed well it is beautiful. I hate it whenj people say they don't like a certain trick because it's too obvious. Yea, obvious to you, but not to someone who handles a deck of cards less than once a year.

Is the DL obvious to you? Of course it is. But is it an important stage in the most classic and over performed effect of all time, ever? Yep.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I think this was briefly mentioned earlier, but try tilting the packet further downward so that the four card packet (showing as one of course) isn't so obviously thicker than the others.

This is, by no means necessary, anyway to flame you.

But this is a PURE example of why the magic society has been going downhill lately.

It seems that you can't even hold the cards right yet. Also, when you "changed" them into Kings, it seemed like you were going to have a heart attack.

Don't just practice and stop when you got it at 70%. Not even 99%. Make sure you got the trick down PERFECT before performing.

That's all it takes.

Oct 9, 2007
This is, by no means necessary, anyway to flame you.

But this is a PURE example of why the magic society has been going downhill lately.

It seems that you can't even hold the cards right yet. Also, when you "changed" them into Kings, it seemed like you were going to have a heart attack.

Don't just practice and stop when you got it at 70%. Not even 99%. Make sure you got the trick down PERFECT before performing.

That's all it takes.

Give this man a biscuit--and then listen to what he just said.

I didn't want to say this at first, but hell it might kick some inspiration up your...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlIyeGOaWYE&feature=related

You sort of reminded me of him.

Give this man a biscuit--and then listen to what he just said.

I didn't want to say this at first, but hell it might kick some inspiration up your...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlIyeGOaWYE&feature=related

You sort of reminded me of him.

Oh my gosh...that kid...did you see his Black Tiger Deck???!! I swear they were BROWN!!!!!

I wish I could meet him in real life, and show his chubby self up. What has this art fallen into the hands of??!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results