Muscle pass finger

Mar 13, 2018
Hello all

It is my first time to attempt to do magic and I am having a trouble so if you guys could help it will be great.

I am trying to do the muscle pass, but whenever I apply pressure by the muscle my middle and index fingers fold towards the palm so it digs into the coin. So right now the fingers folds towards the thumb and by applying pressure I can jump the coin a little bit. I was wondering if I am doing it wrong. If so how can I fix this.

Thank you

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
You're using the wrong muscles.

The pad of the thumb and the blade of the hand squeeze together to create the pressure. Your fingers should be nearly straight.

Reactions: fredysan
Aug 15, 2017
Hello all

It is my first time to attempt to do magic and I am having a trouble so if you guys could help it will be great.

I am trying to do the muscle pass, but whenever I apply pressure by the muscle my middle and index fingers fold towards the palm so it digs into the coin. So right now the fingers folds towards the thumb and by applying pressure I can jump the coin a little bit. I was wondering if I am doing it wrong. If so how can I fix this.

Thank you
Hmmm...where are you learning it from?
Nevertheless, as Christopher said, you are prolly using the wrong muscles.

Since you did not upload any photos or videos of your technique, I can't really specify EXACTLY what's not working for you but...play with the positions of your fingers. Muscle Pass is VERY unique to the person who learns it.
A small resource that should help you a lot...(it did for me)...
http://blog.magicshop.co.uk/2012/11/how-to-do-muscle-pass_23.html
There...that should be a LOT of help.

I also mean to ask you, how long have you actually been doing magic? Reason being that if you are a beginner, it is not a really good idea to start with the MP. However, if you have already been a magician for a year or something, go on :)

Also, remember to keep practising. The Muscle Pass is a strange move. Not only will it require HUMONGOUS amounts of practice dedicated to it accompanied by the slightest bit of pain (no pain, no gain) but if you don't practice it even after mastering it, you will lose the muscles you took time to develop.

So yes, you asked for help, there it is, but again, if you are new to magic in general, I don't think it is a really good choice to try the MP. But tbh, do whatever you wanna do, as long as you are ready to dedicate time to it :) :) :)

Reactions: fredysan
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results