Suitcase table

Mar 14, 2018
would anyone have workshop plans for a suitcase table made from and old fashioned suitcase with the legs attached to one side so when you hold it flat you can release the legs to form your table with the suitcase on top. to give you a rough idea attached is a photo, but the legs don't collapse.

Attachments

• il_570xN.1258939145_mqcx.jpg
    il_570xN.1258939145_mqcx.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 12

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I don't have plans but another way around that is to just buy a cheap suit case or metal case like the ones from Lowe's and Home Depot and then attach a music stand/drum stand to a circular mount which has been screwed into the side of the case. Just food for thought and a different avenue you could take.

Mar 14, 2018
I don't have plans but another way around that is to just buy a cheap suit case or metal case like the ones from Lowe's and Home Depot and then attach a music stand/drum stand to a circular mount which has been screwed into the side of the case. Just food for thought and a different avenue you could take.

Not a bad idea, but would be unstable for what I have in mind. What I am thinking is a set of four legs tjat fold up on the bottom side of the suitcase and when you hold the case flat with the lid upwards the legs can simply unfold and lock into position.

Thanks.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Did you see what you are looking for somewhere or was it just an idea you had? I'm just curious. There are definitely some companies out there that make great magic tables and such but you'll likely pay a pretty penny. I know I spent about $500 on my set up but I wouldn't change it for the world.

What reality was showing you is what a lot of professionals do because of the ease of portability and rapid set up.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
that really would not collapse properly because the direction of folding is side to side and not up and down, but I thank you for your suggestion.

I wasn't suggesting that it be attached to the suitcase, but rather kept separate. It gives a sense of authenticity with the old suitcase.

Reactions: RickEverhart

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
I had a mate of mine fashion a closeup pad to the top of my briefcase. I then set it on top of one of those table side scissor stands that servers use at restaurants. Cover it with a nice table cloth so it doesn’t look tacky. Super easy and cheap way to do it if you are in a budget.

Mar 14, 2018
this idea came from some sidewalk vendors that used to set up on the sidewalks of NYC a number of years ago. the legs of the table were actually attached to the bottom of the suitcase. when you wanted to, you released a catch of a sort and the legs would drop down into place.

Reactions: JarrettC2
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results