Check this out, it's different ??

It's pretty neat I enjoyed it. As far as creativity goes very well. Basically this guy goes through the whole deck and it matches up with songs that are being played..... He claims to be the creator of this but regardless I think it's real neat. Watch the audio, gets loud at times. It's just nice to see something different every now and then. What do you guys think of this ??

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I like how he put it to music and it is definitely a routine he's known for. But it's "The Story Telling Deck", made popular by the routine "Sam The Bellhop" as far as I know. Not to reduce his performance, I think his is definitely one of the best out there. It was really smart to put it to the popular songs, and he mixes in more methods than the standard ones you usually see. He's definitely made it his own and that's awesome.

Reactions: CardMagicNJ
I like how he put it to music and it is definitely a routine he's known for. But it's "The Story Telling Deck", made popular by the routine "Sam The Bellhop" as far as I know. Not to reduce his performance, I think his is definitely one of the best out there. It was really smart to put it to the popular songs, and he mixes in more methods than the standard ones you usually see. He's definitely made it his own and that's awesome.
That's great thanks for your feedback on that Chris and the History part of course. I've never really heard of him until I came across this video. Definitely something that's different. I guess technically anybody can make their storytelling deck long as it's different right ?? Not really my style though. Hope you have a great weekend bud !!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The only thing that makes it a story telling deck is that you tell a story that matches with the cards as you lay them out. I've heard that Marlo used to do an improv version where he literally just made it up as he laid cards down. I've seen Daniel Garcia do that as well (which was very NSFW and I'm not positive it was totally improv). James Galiea has a version which is pretty fun. Shawn Farquhar has a version that kind of blends the ACR with a Story Telling Deck called "Shape of My Heart" which I enjoy watching.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
That sounds really interesting. Yes, I remember watching the James Galea one, think it's called 742 King St. Or something like that. I'll have to see the one by Shawn, cause ACR is one of my favorite tricks to perform. Thanks !!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
- Watch the one uploaded to his actual channel. He gets his videos/tricks stolen a lot, so I do what I can to support him directly. Super nice guy.

Reactions: CardMagicNJ
- Watch the one uploaded to his actual channel. He gets his videos/tricks stolen a lot, so I do what I can to support him directly. Super nice guy.
Dam bro,
That was totally sick !!! Wow, he is truly amazing man. Thanks for sharing that. It's videos like these that have to get around more often. He is so smooth and his presentation is awesome !! Thanks for sharing that.

ID4

Aug 20, 2010

No, it was Shawn Farquhar who stole the "concept" from Russ Stevens.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
No debate. I'm referring to folks stealing videos specifically, not concepts. Shawn and Russ had their say regarding this routine and I have no interest in rehashing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results