Need help with " Connections " Street Magic Effect

Hey everyone,
Ok so my arsenal of card tricks is decent at about 10. Time to change it up a little......I also do rubber band effects in between a new deck switch, you know, normal beginner magician effects but none the less still amazing to me. Ok, so I believe the effect is called "connections" please correct me if I'm wrong on that..... Where you have the 2 people stand apart, one eyes closed, blah blah blah. I understand it, know how to do it and have some questions about fine tuning it if anyone has ever done this effect please pm me. Also, who was the creator of this effect, and what is a good literature to pick up solely about this, or video. I would like to know the history on it please ( that's all you RealityOne ) any help or guidance is greatly appreciated, ty. Also is this considered a mentalism effect ?? Ty again.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
A full history might take a while. Best resources are Yigal Mesika’s Annimated Miracles booklet (available with gimmicks and storage as “Inner Circle”) and Steve Shaw’s (Banachek) Psychokenetic Touches booklet. Get both if you intend to perform the effect (plus Yigal’s book has other fun stuff in it). For advanced work check out Luke Jermay’s Touching on Hoy in his book 3510.

A great routine (different method) and presentation is Lettie’s feather in Walt Anyhony’s Tales of Enchantment. Be warned, that routine takes a strong performance character to pull off.

Reactions: CardMagicNJ

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Note - Banachek's version requires careful blocking (physical placement of volunteers as well as your own physical movements around said volunteers in relation to them and any watching audience). The booklet that teaches it is short - study it thoroughly.

I do a version of this that I have built up to be a 10-12 minute routine at this point. It's a subject that many performers have touched base on, though several of the book(let)s on it are limited edition. I actually have two more heading my way this month (D'Angelo's and Peter Turner's).

I'm not familiar with Walt Anthony's but I'll put that book on my list.

I use techniques from Banachek, Daniel Garcia (which is a simple version of Lior Manor's technique, which is probably about the same as Yigal's), and hypnosis.

I would say study the Banachek method and use that for a bit. Learn it from his original booklet, not online tutorials (Unless it's him teaching it, or endorsed by him). Most people miss some important subtleties that he teaches in the booklet, and it doesn't work as well without those subtleties.

The key to remember here is that you can't treat it like a magic trick. You have to go slow, and make sure your presentation makes sense, and that people have enough time to recognize what's happening instead of barreling on through the routine.

Note - Banachek's version requires careful blocking (physical placement of volunteers as well as your own physical movements around said volunteers in relation to them and any watching audience). The booklet that teaches it is short - study it thoroughly.

I do a version of this that I have built up to be a 10-12 minute routine at this point. It's a subject that many performers have touched base on, though several of the book(let)s on it are limited edition. I actually have two more heading my way this month (D'Angelo's and Peter Turner's).

I use techniques from Banachek, Daniel Garcia (which is a simple version of Lior Manor's technique, which is probably about the same as Yigal's), and hypnosis.

I would say study the Banachek method and use that for a bit. Learn it from his original booklet, not online tutorials (Unless it's him teaching it, or endorsed by him). Most people miss some important subtleties that he teaches in the booklet, and it doesn't work as well without those subtleties.

The key to remember here is that you can't treat it like a magic trick. You have to go slow, and make sure your presentation makes sense, and that people have enough time to recognize what's happening instead of barreling on through the routine.
Thanks Chris I appreciate your feedback if you ever have the time I would like to chat at some point about that long as you wouldn't mind. And where can I obtain this booklet please ?? Website ??

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey

What is published in Yigal's booklet is Lior's routine.

It is a book you would enjoy. The routine is great and you can incorporate the method into what you are currently doing, but the presentation is a very powerful story. Actually, the book is focused on powerful presentations.

What is published in Yigal's booklet is Lior's routine.

It is a book you would enjoy. The routine is great and you can incorporate the method into what you are currently doing, but the presentation is a very powerful story. Actually, the book is focused on powerful presentations.
Great Dave,
Thank you that answer helps me out a lot....... You are full of so much information sometimes you give me too many options and it overwhelms me lol. I guess correctly what I should be asking is which one would be the best for a beginner doing this effect or looking into this effect ?? And if you guys agree it's still the same booklet then I will order it within the next two days for sure. Thank you very much I appreciate your info.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results