Mnemonica by Juan Tamariz - Reprinted

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'd love the Magic Rainbow to be reprinted! Already got Mnemonica, The Magic Way, and 5 Points in Magic.

Apr 26, 2013
Card College Volume 2 is back in stock at some dealers as well. I am sure there are folks looking for this one. Just got mine in the mail.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Still waiting for Sonata to come back in print or to find an inexpensive used copy.
Even though I already own Sonata I would love a reprint with an updated translation as the English is a bit broken and a struggle to understand at some parts. A full complete Tamariz box set would be absolutely wonderful.

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
I have never done any mem deck work - closest I’ve done is a Si Stebbins

Is this REALLY worth getting if I want to do some really good card stuff?

Also - what levels of card handling are we talking bout here? Are we needing to be proficient in culls, side steals, bottom dealing etc = that level of card work?

Reactions: CardMagicNJ
I have never done any mem deck work - closest I’ve done is a Si Stebbins

Is this REALLY worth getting if I want to do some really good card stuff?

Also - what levels of card handling are we talking bout here? Are we needing to be proficient in culls, side steals, bottom dealing etc = that level of card work?
Right there with ya buddy...... Little over a year into card magic myself.... Only one I know also is the Si Stebbins. I know the mnemonica but just don't have it memorized..... That is a goal hopefully within the next 6 months to achieve

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
The book actually teaches you how to memorize the deck. The effects don’t require a lot of difficult sleight of hand. Knowing some convincing false shuffles is an advantage. Like anything else, you get out what you put in.

Reactions: RickU

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
The book actually teaches you how to memorize the deck. The effects don’t require a lot of difficult sleight of hand. Knowing some convincing false shuffles is an advantage. Like anything else, you get out what you put in.

How “shuffled” can the deck be once in order? I know w most stacks - only a (number of) cut can be done

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013

If it can eventually deliver some amazing card effects I’m willing to put in the effort. Seems like the learning curve varies amongst people

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
How “shuffled” can the deck be once in order? I know w most stacks - only a (number of) cut can be done

It depends on the effect. For many effects you can do as many single cuts as you want. You are bet learning some false shuffles.

If it can eventually deliver some amazing card effects I’m willing to put in the effort. Seems like the learning curve varies amongst people

Ultimately, it is a question of whether you will perform the effects. If you will perform them, then it is worth it.

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
Ultimately, it is a question of whether you will perform the effects. If you will perform them, then it is worth it.

That’s hard to determine if I have never seen the range of effects listed in the book....

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
That’s hard to determine if I have never seen the range of effects listed in the book....
The crazy thing is, the effects in the book don't even come close to the number of actual effects you can do with the stack. Once you learn the stack you will already think of some pretty incredible applications. While on tour with Franco, I've seen him absolutely DESTROY people with the Mnemonica stack. It's pretty much not fair. Seeing him use it definitely makes me want to put the time in and learn it. Once you do, you'll pretty much know it for life and your repertoire will never be the same.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results