Saturday Night Contest - Everyday Powers

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great start to the weekend! If you haven't seen it already, Neil Patrick Harris was featured in Vanity Fair doing some magic - without using his hands! The effect in question is the Self Tying Shoelaces, which is a simple modern classic ever since David Blaine performed it on television. It takes an everyday problem and turns the solution into something magical. That's the inspiration behind this week's contest.

Your challenge is to create and/or perform an effect that is a magical solution to an every day problem OR an effect that replicates real powers. It also doesn't have to be a practical method. It could be a method can only be viewed from only specific angle. Whatever you choose, we want you to use some creativity, make it a smooth performance with no flashing, and make it as believable as possible. That is the judging criteria for this contest.

Upload your performances to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram (hashtag it #theory11) and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST, Sunday, April 15th.

What can you win this week? 1,000 Elite Points, Self Tying Shoelaces by Jay Noblezada, and a deck of Gold Monarchs, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

Good luck!

Feb 11, 2018
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great start to the weekend! If you haven't seen it already, Neil Patrick Harris was featured in Vanity Fair doing some magic - without using his hands! The effect in question is the Self Tying Shoelaces, which is a simple modern classic ever since David Blaine performed it on television. It takes an everyday problem and turns the solution into something magical. That's the inspiration behind this week's contest.

Your challenge is to create and/or perform an effect that is a magical solution to an every day problem OR an effect that replicates real powers. It also doesn't have to be a practical method. It could be a method can only be viewed from only specific angle. Whatever you choose, we want you to use some creativity, make it a smooth performance with no flashing, and make it as believable as possible. That is the judging criteria for this contest.

Upload your performances to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram (hashtag it #theory11) and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST, Sunday, April 15th.

What can you win this week? 1,000 Elite Points, Self Tying Shoelaces by Jay Noblezada, and a deck of Gold Monarchs, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

Good luck!
For the part about replicating real powers would for example making a small light bulb float around and stuff count?

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
How often do you stand in silence unknowing of what is about to happen. Imagine having the power to cut into that time with cards.. Being able to apparently cut and mix the cards without having done so.

Reactions: Justin.Morris
Feb 11, 2018

Good luck!
I don't really understand what the challenge is or what we're sopposed to do

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Let me set the stage for the most relate able thing ever. It's late on Sunday. You decide to go through your binder.You realize you forgot about your MOUNTAIN of homework that's due the next day!!!!! Obviously you want to do it, and do it correctly. HOWEVER you really want to sleep.

Now you can not only finish it correctly, but also finish in a timely manner!

(BTW @0:04 it says "Due Monday!" for some reason the red ink didn't show up well on my camera.)

Dec 1, 2017
This is the first trick that I came up with.This took some time to do.I hope it's worth it.Thanks.
Link:
P.S.I blew that to show it was completely empty.I did not add anything there.LOL.
Side note:Theory11 increases our creativity by keeping contests like this.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, apologies for the delay in posting results! Was supposed to be back in town last night from this weekend's Mind Control shows but they delayed flights and I didn't get home until 4am. Posting results now!

After viewing all entries, we decided that frozono9 had the best overall entry in terms of effect and performance. Congrats! Please contact our support team with your details and we will get your prize out to you ASAP.

We would also like to extend and honorable mention to RKMagic and 010rusty for their ideas. Great work!

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results