Saturday Night Contest - Book Magic

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great weekend! Just earlier this week, we released GATSBY by Josh Zandman. With Gatsby, you can instantly divine exactly which word the spectator is thinking of - with no forces of any kind. For over 10 years, the world's most talented mentalists have included Zandman's book test techniques in their shows and performances. Finally, it’s yours.

We wanted to use this new release as inspiration behind this week's contest. Your challenge is to create an effect that involves a book in some way. Turn the cover of one book into another. Tear a few pages out and make them reappear perfectly intact. Make a book vanish into thin air. Whatever idea you have with a book, use it for this week's contest.

Film your performance and upload it to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram (hashtag it #theory11) and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than tomorrow, Sunday, May 6th at 11:00pm EST. Once time is up, our panel will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on which effect showcases the most creativity, best execution, and overall effect.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, a deck of Gold Monarchs, and GATSBY by Josh Zandman, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world. Good luck!

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
This sucks ... I have an amazing and entertaining idea for this, but I'm leaving for Vegas in a few hours and have no time to gather the items.
Anyone want a cool idea for this? PM me..
Good luck everyone... and I'll have a few magic show reviews coming.

Aug 10, 2017
https://www.wevideo.com/view/1135780362

Here is my entry. If can't read the words when the book is shown, the word that I predicted was community. Sorry for the video footage; first video SNC entry and videoing card trick ever. Fingers crossed. (the camera cuts was because I had some distractions; had nothing to do with how the trick worked

Reactions: CWhite

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Alright guys, time for results! This one was difficult, but in the end we feel this is the right winner based on the overall criteria. It was an original way to reveal a thought, the execution was incredibly clean for the reveal, and it used the book in a creative way. Congrats to JustinTheMediocre for taking home this week’s prize! Please contact our support team with tour details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP.

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results