Printing onto blank faces playing cards? - Any tips?

Jul 28, 2017
So I have a printer I can get access to. A Canon PRO-1000 and its quality is amazing. I was wondering if anyone has any experience in printing their own gaff cards?

I have access to this nice printer and wanted to give it ago but I am concerned about the blank playing cards finish on them as that might prevent the cards from being printed upon. Anyone tried this before?

I know there are companies and shops which offer this but if I have the stuff to do it I would like to give it a go myself.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Neither ink jet nor laser printers will print on blank cards. The ink jet ink smears and the laser ink flakes off. You can remove the finish, print on the card and then try to put another finish on, but it ends up looking like crap.

If you need to put something on a blank card (like a personalized Happu Birthday message) you can use ink jet iron on paper.

To do custom cards, do a search at Lybrary.com for DIY playing cards. There should be a fRee PDF that shows how to make your own cards. Lybrary.com used to sell the cutters, rounders paper and finishing coating.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results