WAND STREET JOURNAL **BREAKING NEWS** 5/30/18

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Hello and welcome back to Your (some-what) Unbiased, and Not-so weekly magic newspaper. Sorry it's been awhile, however when I saw our top story I knew it was time to return from the hiatus! So without further ado lets dive into it!

(The following story is in no way an attack on the artist in question)
DANIEL MADISON: HAS THIS GAMBLER FINALLY LOST ALL HIS CHIPS?
Daniel_Madison_Playing_Cards_Collection_Buyworthy_4_Decks_12345_1024x1024.jpg
Well... this is going to be controversial. For those unaware, Daniel Madison left Ellusionist in order to pursue his passion, a poetry career along with playing card designing. In its place he launched the "Madisionist". A website used in order to sell his new product "sleight club" for a ground staggering $212. Along with some playing cards(sold separately, and no a sleight club membership is not required in order to purchase these cards). Many fans of his rushed out to purchase these... and well this is where our story begins...

In late January the Ex-Ellusionist artist began his new project, and unsurprisingly his close fans began rushing out in order to buy his membership and his playing cards. The fans waited patiently, as TWO push backs occur. Obviously as you can imagine a large sum of money was spent, causing many to wonder whether or not they should contact Paypal for a claim. THEN in about mid to late April an email went out stating:

"FINAL SHIPPING UPDATE"
So, there. That's it, right? End of the story. fans had to wait 4 months, and finally received their cards, right? Well...

Daniel Madison's character is nothing shy of "out there". The line between Daniel and "the gambler" is often hard to see. That is why many eyebrows were raised when an intagram post was uploaded.

6bc92ff0dd.jpg

33690354_10210411151492512_803228059095269376_n.jpg

With phrases like "bottom of a bottle" Rumors began going around that DM was having problems with his "recent conditions", and probably Alcohol problems. According to VERY reliable sources this is true information, not apart of his character. He apparently has been having these issue which is both an effect and a cause of the delays. Causing the order to be push back AGAIN! Making many realize when He stated in the Instagram post he is "no longer Daniel Madison", and he has lost lost his artistic abilities. People began realizing: He is not Madison the gambler. He had become Danny the business man.

From a business perspective this is perfectly fine. This is first Independent project, of course bumps and bruises will occur. Completely understandable. HOWEVER, with upwards of over $200 worth of paper per person (not to mention the HUGE price drops during this whole episode) is in the hands of only one person struggling with an apparent mental problem and trying to carry the weight by himself... C'mon... You expect the consumer to understand? He left a business knowing its problems and tried to do it all himself. Obviously, like before mentioned when the dust settles most likely be a memory of just bumps and bruises, but for right now, with Hundreds upon hundreds of dollars seemingly vanishing has caused out rage among consumers. In fact many members of r/playingcards, have responded to allegations of Madison's mental state as simply "toolish" or a "marketing stunt". Daniel Madison has officially been caught gambling... With other's money.

Now some of you my be asking "So he uploaded a lot of stuff on Instagram, and sent out emails. So, at least he communicates the problem." This statement could not be further from the truth. These emails and were very fair in between. In fact according to sources most of which were over months part. And those that were emailed and put on Instagram were, well...

33862413_10210411151292507_3788112686366064640_n.jpg

33750346_10210411151012500_2973101582062714880_n.jpg
As well as the before mentioned messages.So not only were they VERY far and in between they also were not very helpful, and according to sources All emails sent to Daniel received little response. Just by looking at the instagram post

This is very rare in the internet era. Most companies take advantage of the internet. Most notably Chris Ramsay. He would constantly give monthly vLogs discussing the current state of his deck of cards. Asad from 52 kards would send out Emails discussing his deck. The whole idea of no contact, and no response to emails is beyond bizarre. However, this seems to have ended.

So, this article has taken much longer than it should've. So in that time this email was sent out:

You are receiving this email because you recently made a purchase of the MADISONIST Playing Cards range at DANIELmadison.co.uk | MADISONIST LTD

During this testing time we ask all of those who are still awaiting delivery of their orders for a moment of more patience, and we thank you graciously for your patience so far.

Although we are implored to withhold any details of Madison’s recent situation, we can tell you that every single order has been received with thanks and our team have spent the weekend dealing with the unexpected setback and the US shipping delays.

Madison is dedicated to his customers and is eager to spend time with those who joined his SLEIGHT CLUB. (You'll receive a separate email soon)
As soon as we can, we will provide an update on his current situation.

Although we are overwhelmed with order enquiries, we are doing our best to reposed to everybody as we fix this situation….

ALL DELAYED ORDERS WILL SHIP THIS WEEK.

We’ll be back in touch soon, and to all those still waiting for their decks, have faith!

You can reach us at L@DANIELmadison.co.uk & M@DANIELmadison.co.uk

L & M | MADISONIST LTD

And now, it appearing that email communication is becoming much more sufficient. Within a 48 hour spam Emails are being responded to. Still below average, but hey, we are getting there.

So, you may be asking how long will this last? Will Daniel ever get the site under control? well... on may 28th Daniel Announced He would be closing Madisionist June 1st.
Here is more info:

ba6aa0bfb6.png

Finally I do wnt to discuss one problem. WHERE IS DANIEL MADISON!?!?!?
After the before mentioned post about the passport, and the message about his problems he seems to have vanished. Very reliable people who have been mentored under Madison have said they are unable to contact him. All YouTube videos unlisted, Instagram account wiped, and no emails sent from DM. This had lead many to believe he is in Rehab for the "bottom of the bottle" comment. Now, he is a real human. Not a fictional character. It is wrong to speculate during this time. If it were very serious I'm sure a close friend like McKinnon, Ramsay, Ect would release this Info.

There what was once heavily believed to be a great solo project has lead a man mentally insane, costumers angry, and even a large amount of PayPal claims. I will continue to follow this story as we seem to be reaching a resolution. I am slowly seeing one at a time people getting their cards(mostly in the California and West coast are of the US), but until everyone does I will follow this story. Prayers out to Daniel, and his family

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)

So. I want to keep this focused on mostly the DM story, but I had to give credit to our

Performance of the week: Magick Balay's Instagram open Prediction

Final Thoughts: And That Wraps it up for this week! This took me WAAAY too long to type. I'm sorry. But I think I said everything I needed to. Hope you enjoyed. I REALLY want to hear your opinions on this. Has Dm finally lost his mind and his chips? Is it all a publicity stunt?

Sources: @lmbrjack For providing proof of the emails and no longer accessible IG photos and keeping me up to date with what information he had

r/playingcards

Here are the previous Wand street Journals:
Week 9

Week 8
Week 7
Week 6
Week 5
Week 4
Week 3
Week 2
week 1

Reactions: Lord Magic
May 3, 2018
New Mexico
If he has a sincere problem with addiction, we here who pray, should prey for him. If he, or the close and reliable sources, have lied about his illness........we here who pray, should prey for him. Other than that, what one man chooses to do, without hurting people, is none of my business.

-peter

Reactions: 010rusty

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Oh, “wand street journal “ is genius. By the way
Thanks, I've been doing these for like 6 months and you are the only one who actually likes the name. LOL

If he has a sincere problem with addiction, we here who pray, should prey for him. If he, or the close and reliable sources, have lied about his illness........we here who pray, should prey for him. Other than that, what one man chooses to do, without hurting people, is none of my business.
One of my favorite things said on these forums.

Reactions: Peter Slim
Nov 1, 2016
Well dang. I don't know if I'll ever make another Daniel joke again..... Im not sure what to believe. But if I felt that something was driving the artist in me away. I would NOT be ok with that.
And yes, I love the name "Wand Street" btw.
But on a serious note, I hope you figure out whats going on DM. Ill be praying for you dude...

Dec 29, 2017
Some positives: Sleight Club members will have a direct line soon and they will have high priority regarding email and such, when he is well and the site has closed. Will let @010rusty and the forums know if he wants widespread anarchy with his newly formed group. As a courtesy, members of SC have been offered another year, all free digital content and a large discount code that is reusable on physical merch. I would say that £150 paid for itself.

The big one: Folks in the US and Canada have started receiving their orders as of 24 hours ago. “M” is a beast at moving orders.

All in all, we can only hope he is well and intact. If this is marketing, I’m not even sure what to make of it.

Sep 10, 2017
I had been following him since the beginning of my magic carrier. Even though as a card cheat he isnt as big of a deal as he thinks, when it comes to ideas and art I deeply respect him. One of his biggest creations was the "madisonist" style he created. In the past 4 or 5 years his b&w gambling demos with depressing music are getting more and more popular. Even if you dont like those videos you cant deny the effect of the online performance of the community.

And since he is a genius at marketing I honestly dont know if it is just another marketing trick or he is really experiencing problems. Whatever the case may be, I just hope he starts creating stuff again.

P.S: I like the name wand street

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
UPDATE:
Well, I don't normally do these updates after I've already posted, but it seems that many people in the southern U.S are beggining to receive theirs as well. For Example, on Instagram @Magic Orthodoxy who lives in Texas has stated he has officially received his.

Reactions: CWhite
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Firstly, if Daniel is having issues, prayers up for him and his family

The next part is 100% imo,
I just thing he bit off more than he could chew.
He left E and almost immediately started this project by himself. I think that he simply wasn't expecting it to be this challenging, and probably should've planned it out more. It's like all those small stores you see open and close within a few months because they simply didn't plan it out, and thought they could handle it

And with all the flack he got, he probably stopped wanting to do it a while ago.

Props to him for actually carrying it to the end zone though. He didn't just return people's money, he actually got them the products.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results